Throwing P2626 and P2629 codes?

Failborne

Reaction score
So I took my car into ford for a ticking noise. Turned out that a bolt had come out of my headers and eating the gasket. No biggie ordered a new gasket ford put it in. I get my car back and on the way home through 2 codes. p2626 and p2629. So I take it back to them they test the two O1 sensors and the wires running to the PCM. All came back fine. So then they tell me it's the tune that's bad so I return to stock like the tech asked and reinstalled the Bama tune. Drive the car soon as it gets warm codes pop. So when I get back to the dealership they say they can't touch the car anymore because I don't have cats on the car. Anyone got any ideas what the issue could be?

Failborne

Reaction score
Not running extensions. Yes after they did there "troubleshoot" there service manager called me and said he wasn't allowed to touch the car because it didn't have cats on it. So I asked him about the week of work they were doing on it he said I had to come get my car until I put cats on it due to the clean air act of 1970.

Failborne

Reaction score
So is it safe to drive it with the widebands not functioning? I looked at the wires from what I can see there isn't a pinch anywhere.

89gtcs

Reaction score
Yea either 1) Call BAMA and figure things out that way or 2) Put cats back on and take it back to Ford

Either way if you're running O2 sensor extensions I would take them off

Failborne

Reaction score
Something I forgot about the day I picked the car up from ford after fixing the gasket I had a Code P1639 Vehicle ID Block Not Programmed code. I put my tune back in and it went away would that have anything to do with this?

Failborne

Reaction score
So I spent an hour on the phone today with Bama which was an awesome experience . He gave did some trouble shooting told me to update my tuner and re install the tune so I did that took mustang for about a 15 minute drive. No code popped up. The car sat for an hour I started back up was going to drive it again and a new code popped after about a minute. p0308 #8 cylinder misfire so not sure what I'm going to do next beside call Bama tomorrow see if they can help.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back