sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
TufShine
http://www.autogeek.net/tuf-shine-tire-appearance-kit.html

or

DP Tire Coating
http://www.autogeek.net/dp-tire-coating-kit.html

I have both - Tuf Shine is currenty on my GT and wife's MDX. Just waiting to try out the DP stuff but I believe it's the same as Tufshine.

These are actually tire coatings not dressings

Took advantage of the Autogeek 20% off sale and ordered the TufShine kit. Thanks for the tip. Can't wait to try it and the Polish Angel if the snow ever melts here in Pennsylvania.

28ONE

Reaction score
Took advantage of the Autogeek 20% off sale and ordered the TufShine kit. Thanks for the tip. Can't wait to try it and the Polish Angel if the snow ever melts here in Pennsylvania.

I can't emphasize this enough but make sure you thoroughly clean the tires before applying the Tuf Shine coating. Depending on how much previous dressing you have on your tires, you'll probably end up using quite a bit of Tuf Shine Cleaner...sometimes I forget how good I have it in Cali with the weather...

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
I've been using Black Magic tire bleech with Adam's APC and a good brush to clean the tires, followed by Adam's Super VRT as the dressing.

Any thoughts on this process? How will the dressings listed above hold up/clean up in comparison with what I use?

No streaking or excess VRT on the car at all and lasts between 4-5 washes before the tires start to get dirty again.

28ONE

Reaction score
I've been using Black Magic tire bleech with Adam's APC and a good brush to clean the tires, followed by Adam's Super VRT as the dressing.

Any thoughts on this process? How will the dressings listed above hold up/clean up in comparison with what I use?

No streaking or excess VRT on the car at all and lasts between 4-5 washes before the tires start to get dirty again.

Process looks great! Washes are once a week?

I have been using Adams VRT too, and really like the stuff. I just thought I would give this TufShine stuff a shot.

Cool, looking forward to hearing a comparison

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
Process looks great! Washes are once a week?

Cool, looking forward to hearing a comparison

For the time being, I'll probably wash the stang 1-2 times a month as it sits on rainy days and hides in the garage.

Between all 3 cars I wash them all at least 1-2 times a month and the VRT holds up in between those washes before the matte shine is gone and needs to be re-applied.

28ONE

Reaction score
For the time being, I'll probably wash the stang 1-2 times a month as it sits on rainy days and hides in the garage.

Between all 3 cars I wash them all at least 1-2 times a month and the VRT holds up in between those washes before the matte shine is gone and needs to be re-applied.

Nice!

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
I like Chemical Guys silk shine, I put a nice thick coating on using a tire dressing sponge applicator, then wipe off the excess with a microfiber towel, leaves a nice low gloss shine that doesnt fling off and doesnt attract dust/dirt

alan0614

forum member
Reaction score
I like Chemical Guys silk shine, I put a nice thick coating on using a tire dressing sponge applicator, then wipe off the excess with a microfiber towel, leaves a nice low gloss shine that doesnt fling off and doesnt attract dust/dirt

+1 for CG Silk Shine, I don't like a really shiny tire and this is perfect.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back