Fog lights not working

DBcooper

Reaction score
When I bought my 05 GT, it had an aftermarket grill with the fog lights removed. I finally got around to putting an OEM grill with the factory fog lights back on. I can’t for the life of me get them to work. The under hood fuse and relay are good. The fuse has power going to it. I tried a known good switch out of a buddies car. The fog light symbol on the switch does not illuminate when pulled out. I’ve tried different bulbs. And yes, I’ve tried with the car running. I do not have power at the socket. All of the wires look fine going from the fuse box to the sockets. They’re loomed with the head lights and parking lights and all of those are working just fine.

I replaced my SJB a while back due to water damage. Is there something in there that needs to be reprogrammed in order to get a signal from the switch to lights? Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

DieHarder

Reaction score

DBcooper

Reaction score
It's a fairly simple circuit. You should be able to trace continuity/voltage thru the circuit using a test light or VOM. The Fog lamp relay should activate/click when the fog lamp switch is pulled (which provides a ground on pin 85 of the relay).

Thank you for that diagram. My next step was to check the voltage through the circuit with a test light. I just got to wondering about that new smart junction box. If the used one would have came off of a v6 with no fog lights, I was just wondering if I would need to have ford calibrate it.

DieHarder

Reaction score
Can't say but my son's '07 v6 didn't come w/fog lights so I sourced an OEM switch, grill and OEM style fog lights and found that the harness already had the connectors in place and hooked it up. Everything worked find..

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
I added heated seats to my car, the exact same way the factory would of. So I added wires to the existing connectors into the SJB, etc, and everything works as it should. No reprogramming necessary.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back