TPS Issue?

Kalatrax

forum member
Reaction score
Yesterday morning I started my car up and the wrench light came on. While my butthole was puckering I ran the code and it was a P2135. TPS correlation or something of the sort. I shut it off and turned it back on and it was fine. Any idea what would have caused that? Just a hiccup in the bama tune? Car has LTs and a full offroad exhaust, intake, cmp deletes, and a bama tune.

jcw427

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Pull the connector and use some contact cleaner. Could just be a bit of crap in the plug

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
Looks fine, more interested to see if anyone has had a tune issue that caused it.

My tires are firm, headrests are fully erect. Anything else that might help? Lol

try kicking the tires, that may knock the tps around. then remove your fuel filter and turn it backwards

Exley

forum member
Reaction score
Looks fine, more interested to see if anyone has had a tune issue that caused it.

Aftermarket tunes usually allow the throttle to open faster in relation to what throttle angle is being commanded. This could be related, but I really doubt it. Most likely a fluke and or hardware related (connection, wiring, throttle body, tps). Here is some more info on the DTC. http://www.ls2.com/boggs/dtcs/DTC%20P2135.htm Its from ls2.com lol but I i'm pretty sure most of the electronic throttle stuff is an industry standard.

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Aftermarket tunes usually allow the throttle to open faster in relation to what throttle angle is being commanded. This could be related, but I really doubt it. Most likely a fluke and or hardware related (connection, wiring, throttle body, tps). Here is some more info on the DTC. http://www.ls2.com/boggs/dtcs/DTC P2135.htm Its from ls2.com lol but I i'm pretty sure most of the electronic throttle stuff is an industry standard.

How do they do that?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
That's a pretty good write up by Eric. He's talking about disabling tip in torque management. The throttle blade isn't directly commanded from the accelerator pedal. The pedal commands torque and the ecu decides the best was to get to the commanded torque level using blade angle, spark, etc
Here's a torque table. You can see that the rpm and pedal position determine how much torque is commanded in newton meters.

Last edited:

Exley

forum member
Reaction score
Yea, I was working under the assumption that the tip in torque management limited how quickly the engine was allowed to reach the desired torque commanded by the accelerator pedal from a given point. Is that the correct line of thinking?

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
it is the electronics on the drive by wire throttle body. f150's with the 5.4 3vs use the same electronics and this is common for them. my 05 f150 has thrown this code many times and the only fix says ford is replace the throttle body. i cleaned my blades with it removed and havent had the issue come back in a few months so try that and see what happens. if you google that correlation code under 2005 f150, you wont feel lonely

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Yea, I was working under the assumption that the tip in torque management limited how quickly the engine was allowed to reach the desired torque commanded by the accelerator pedal from a given point. Is that the correct line of thinking?

Pretty much.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is your TPS round or square? Early ones were round, had cheap plastic interior, and prone to fail. Later ones are square and have metal where the rod slides in from the blade. You have an 08 so you should have the square/metal/good one. How does the throttle body look around the blade? Is it gummed up/dirty? If so, clean it with some spray CRC throttle body cleaner. Might as well spray it off anyway, won't hurt.

I fought the safe mode/TPS codes for years until I got a new TPS sensor, since then never had a problem.

Kalatrax

forum member
Reaction score
It doesnt look too dirty may pull the TB off and clean it all up for safety sake. Hasn't happened again since so who knows. It also may be time for a tune from Lito. These Bama tunes get rougher and rougher with each new mod, that's expected though.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back