traction control issue

brightred6

Reaction score
I have the 2010 v6, about 38k Miles, and on the way home today the traction control light popped on and off about 5 times and every time it came on I would lose power. it did it for about 1-2 seconds each time.
anyone know what to check?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
OP drives a sixxer and didn't drop a whole lot of hints, so with 38k on the clock I'm thinking that some combination of worn OE tires and wet/damp/otherwise less grippy pavement was likely involved.

I've only had the TC light come on in my GT a couple of times shortly after I got it and I was trying to see if the TC had any useful value (it didn't seem to). Ever since then, that light gets put on intentionally by me and is left lit the whole time :naughty1:.

Norm

Last edited:

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
2dr5rhtnx4-1.jpg

Tech tread of the day material!

redfiresixer

forum member
Reaction score
Well, lets not go bashing the guy for driving a v6. At least its not a camaro...

However, it would be nice to have a little more information about what was going on?
It just seems to me like he is worried that the shitty traction control Ford put on these cars didnt work...like normal.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
No bash intended at all. But it's one of the (very) few hints available and helps indicate that poor tire grip really was being experienced.

Norm

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back