Video: Stock 2012 Mustang vs Porsche GT3 RS

CCS86

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys, here's a clip from an "instructor play session" at our HPDE on Sunday. As soon as I caught sight of the Porsche, I started pushing a bit harder. That thing puts power down like crazy and he was pulling me hard out of the slower corners. I had to make it up in other places.

My car is a 2012 GT, nearly bone stock. I'm running 18x10's, adjustable panhard and UCA. The stock shocks and brakes are killing me big time (come on santa, just some Koni yellows and Brembo fronts!). The WAY underdamped stock shocks (seriously Ford, why?) let too much weight transfer happen, and on a heavy car like this, makes it a handful. The Konis ought to let me filter out a lot of steering correction and smooth the lines. I lose the brake pedal entirely a couple times in this clip, so I'm braking pretty early and easy.

Taking down an experienced driver in a track prepped GT3 RS... priceless!
biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Syg0Ho1GOM&hd=1

Last edited by a moderator:

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn bro you are flying! Squealing those tires like crazy!! Good driving!

ZPounds09GT

forum member
Reaction score
Man what I would do to have some fun on a course like that. Nice driving, those tires were definitely whaling. Haha. There were a few times where it looked like the guy in the GT3 was looking in that rearview for you. Lol.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
I started rooting for you to pass him, and then just like that, you took him! Great video!!

FR500GT

forum member
Reaction score
Taking down an experienced driver in a track prepped GT3 RS... priceless!
biggrin.gif

I took down a new GT3RS 4.0 at Buttonwillow a few months back(big thanks to my brand new Michelin Super Sports). I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not having the Go Pro recording that heat! The GT3RS is still probably one of my favorite cars of all time and one day I WILL have this car! haha I'm obsessed

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Great video! I know that it had to feel good passing that Porsche, even though it looked like he gave you a break there.

On a side note, can you say understeer? :omfg:

CCS86

forum member
Reaction score
Great video! I know that it had to feel good passing that Porsche, even though it looked like he gave you a break there.

On a side note, can you say understeer? :omfg:

We have a point to pass rule at HDPE's. He felt like he was holding me up and pointed me by.

Careener

forum member
Reaction score
Good stuff. Looks like a blast!!
I think the Porsche driver must have gotten a good scare seeing you sliding around right before he let you by :)

CCS86

forum member
Reaction score
I was bummed because the Porsche said he was shooting video. Turned out later it wasn't running.

CCS86

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wanted to thank you all for the compliments! I'm really not an accomplished car guy. I have a lot of racing experience (on superbikes), and a good amount of seat time in high power cars, but my track time in cars is pretty limited. I learn a lot myself every time out, and am really loving the chance to teach these skills to other drivers.

My student at the HDPE also drives a '12 Mustang (with Koni STR.T's, Brembos, NT-05's, etc). We managed to drop his personal best by almost 4 seconds at the end of the day.

I'm headed to the track today to turn some laps in a race prepped Miata in preparation for some private instruction on Saturday.

Scored some free tickets to the Formula 1 practice day tomorrow, woot!!

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Damn, that video had my pucker factor going! I sure do wish there was a track near me! I think you'd love driving my car around that one!

At 5:00 in your video, it looks like an off-camber with apex change turn. Did you actually get a little air coming off that? Made me hold my breath for a second or two seeing that!

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score
I'm headed to the track today to turn some laps in a race prepped Miata in preparation for some private instruction on Saturday.

Just an observation. You may want to start by working on your hands a bit. Try to eliminate the shuffle steering. Keep hands on the wheel and at 9 and 3. Then look down the track a bit further which will help to not pinch some of the corners. At first it may seem slower but you'll definitely get faster.

Good luck and enjoy the Miata.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back