water coming from passenger dash area

Allen

forum member
Reaction score
We had A LOT of rain last night and I suddenly had water coming from under my dash this morning on the driver side. Whenever I would turn a corner or go up a hill it seemed it would come out more. I looked under the dash when I got to work and it seemed to be coming from a plastic thing behind the glove compartment. Any ideas?

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
130239653521.jpg

use the search feature, it has been covered a few times
these should help

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61&highlight=passenger+side+water

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63604&highlight=water+leak%5C

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31562&highlight=TSB+07-14-6

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31562&highlight=water+leak\

bville racer

Reaction score
I had that same problem with my 69 fastback, for me it what the heater coil that runs behind the glovebox that was leaking coolent inside of the car. Dont know if ford still has that same kind of setup today but its worth a look. To start at least. Good luck

merlinv

Fast little blue pony
Reaction score
your drains are clogged up, you should see a flat rubber tube on both the right Passenger right below the battery and onthe other end (driver side near the center behind the engine) squeeze it and you find a lot of crudd in them the water is comming in from your cabin filter, water level is not draining so level builds up until it works it's way through the cabin filter, If you have the time remove the plastic pane under the hood and replace your cabin filter it will smell bad and get mildew there...

Sal

keeno

Mustang Freak
Reaction score
You are lucky if it isnt coming out on the passenger side..better take care of those drains before water gets on your smart junction box behind the passenger side kick panel. Electrical nightmare if that starts shorting out!

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
We had A LOT of rain last night and I suddenly had water coming from under my dash this morning on the driver side. Whenever I would turn a corner or go up a hill it seemed it would come out more. I looked under the dash when I got to work and it seemed to be coming from a plastic thing behind the glove compartment. Any ideas?

one of these things is incorrect, which one ?

merlinv

Fast little blue pony
Reaction score
There's only one way for it to enter the car... through the cabin filter which is on the passenger side under the hood pan.(plastic piece)... as the water level rises it seaps through the paper/fiber filter and into the evap system and if you get a large amount of water build up it will almost transfer over to the driver side as you turn and brake... It's happened to me...I know we had three days of continuous rain and I had almost six inches of water inside the car floor..

Allen

forum member
Reaction score
your drains are clogged up, you should see a flat rubber tube on both the right Passenger right below the battery and onthe other end (driver side near the center behind the engine) squeeze it and you find a lot of crudd in them the water is comming in from your cabin filter, water level is not draining so level builds up until it works it's way through the cabin filter, If you have the time remove the plastic pane under the hood and replace your cabin filter it will smell bad and get mildew there...

Sal

Thanks this was it! I replaced the filter too. Both drains were packed full of dirt. Cleaned them out good and put them back in. Hasnt been a problem since. :thumb::thanks1:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back