What to bring to first long road trip car show ?

BDV1973

forum member
Reaction score
#1 get Ultimate Quick wax instead of just the QD

#2 Lots and lots of MF towels

#3 Plexus for removing bugs and cleaning wheels

#4 little bottle of a light polish in case you need it

#5 little bottle of whatever wax or sealant you use in case you have to use #4

#6 window cleaner like Stoner's that won't get all over the paint when you spray it. (none of the foamy stuff, basically)

#7 Lint roller for carpet if you don't have time to vac first. But put down similar colored towels to protect it on the trip.

#8 a duffel bag to keep all your stuff in so it's not all over the place at the show

#9 Bags to throw your dirty MFs in so they don't get damaged

#10 Beer

#11 Money for hookers

#12 Old rags to use on the engine compartment

#13 canned air to blow out dust from hard to get areas

The plexus works great for shows. I've sold a lot of people on that stuff at shows. Use it first to get any bugs etc off the bumper, then the Quick wax and it's golden.

When I did Mustang Week back in 2007 this is almost the same list of stuff I took (Except #11...Brought the wife with me instead)

One other thing you can add to this list is some leather cleaner for your seats. Nice shinny Leather is good at a show.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
When I did Mustang Week back in 2007 this is almost the same list of stuff I took (Except #11...Brought the wife with me instead)

One other thing you can add to this list is some leather cleaner for your seats. Nice shinny Leather is good at a show.

Yeah, good point. I carry a tube of the Meguire's leather wipes for this. I don't use them at home, but they are pretty great a quick fix at a show.

whyask

forum member
Reaction score
Excellent !
So 1lb of black tar herion and hookers ..check that off ;)

Awesome!! Ill be bringing my detail bag with me in case i cant get the pro detail done. ill be adding a bunch of these items to the list. Thanks DKS !

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
No problem, bro and Good luck. Wish I could get my car out of the driveway. I had to go uncover it and start it up today. I was going into withdrawals.

whyask

forum member
Reaction score
yes at least you and your car are located in the same country right now lol !! i get a picture of my baby every so often if the wife is feeling nice .....feel like im having a custody battle over my car lol !!!

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
yes at least you and your car are located in the same country right now lol !! i get a picture of my baby every so often if the wife is feeling nice .....feel like im having a custody battle over my car lol !!!

Now that would suck. Glad you're getting to see her soon (the car, not the wife, lol)

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
i would love to go to that, but it's a LONG drive from dallas, lol. my girl has been to knotts and she said it's beautiful

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would give it the full monty before you leave..Clay bar, polish, wax/sealer etc...When you get there, find a good hi pressure do it yourself car wash and clean it completely with that. Then you should be able to get away with some Ulltimate quick detailer, and maybe some spray wax if you drove through rain and such.

whyask

forum member
Reaction score
April in cali is usually rain free... sometimes..... I was thinking of doing that too... since i have to install some pieces that need to set with the 3M tape anyway ... clay bar, wax sealer, and then full engine detail.... wifey is bringing her mini little vacum with her and i had her go and get 24 pack MF towels and some bug and tar remover, and some quick engine detailer .. everything else i have ! Will pick up some quick detailer and good sealent and claybar when im home ! Thanks guys ! I think im on the right path to what i need to bring ! Now i just need to have my sign made !

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bring some F21 foam with you too..It looks great on the engine bay and doesnt leave it looking too "greasy"..You can also do the inside fender wells with it too to hide any dirt and road grime..If you feel froggy, youcan bring a floor jack with you to prop it up at the car wash and get the suspension and stuff underneath..

topbliss

Reaction score
im bringing 200 bucks JUST for that reason .. after 450+ miles i might just want to enjoy a beer and some loving while the car gets detailed ;)

do it yourself. Take pride in cleaning your car. Its an accomplished feeling when at the show when someone complements it more too

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
Going to Fabulous Ford when i get home but im driving a little over 450 miles to get there 1 way. This will be my FIRST road trip with her that far one way and to a car show non the less. What is a good collection of detailing items to bring with me so i can make her shine at Knotts ;) I want this thing looking clean and mean ! Any Ideas no matter how off will be considered !!!

Also post the best products for on the sight shine and clean ! thanks guys/grls !

-Justin
look forward to seeing you and your car there :thumb2:

ps knotts berry farm is in buena park not la

whyask

forum member
Reaction score
we made the room reservations the other night.. 8-10th, Friday night we arrive and monday we leave ! A full weekend of drinks, octane, and woman.. yup ill be happy !

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back