What will have better value in 10 years?

G8rGT

Reaction score
I am wondering what will hold its value better 10 years from now of these 4 Mustangs:

2005-2007 Saleen S281 SC

2007-2010 Shelby GT500

2011 Shelby GT500

2012 Roush RS3

I'd like some opinions and even rank from #1-4.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
11 GT500, none of them will be worth that much. Esp. once uber and the gov't ban the ownership and driving of private non automated vehicles!!

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
1st) 2011 Shelby GT500

2nd) 07-2010 GT500

3rd) Roush RS3

4th) Saleen.

Shelby's are factory and be worth the most. Roush is close to Ford and works with the factory but not a factory production car. Last is the Saleen, they have fallen out of favor over the last few years and has been rumors over the years of them not keeping paid up on there bills and could be near bankruptcy. Little I know of the company I have heard stuff getting fixed with the daughter running the company now.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I also agree with the Shelby models being worth the most, due that were built in-house as factory production cars which also include full factory warranties and would, therefore, rank the 07-10 Shelby GT500 as number 1 followed by the 2011 GT500 as number 2. As for Roush, despite the fact that Ford has a close partnership with them, I agree with dre256's post above for the very same reason, so, therefore I'll rank the Roush RS3 as number 3. As for the 2007-09 Saleen, once again I totally agree with dre256 for the very same reasons posted above and would, therefore, consider Saleen as dead last as far as I'm concerned!

ox white

forum member
Reaction score
None of them will be worth much, but the 11 Shelby would be worth the most.

G8rGT

Reaction score
I also agree with the Shelby models being worth the most, due that were built in-house as factory production cars which also include full factory warranties and would, therefore, rank the 07-10 Shelby GT500 as number 1 followed by the 2011 GT500 as number 2. As for Roush, despite the fact that Ford has a close partnership with them, I agree with dre256's post above for the very same reason, so, therefore I'll rank the Roush RS3 as number 3. As for the 2007-09 Saleen, once again I totally agree with dre256 for the very same reasons posted above and would, therefore, consider Saleen as dead last as far as I'm concerned!

I'm curious, why did you rank the older Shelby GT500's higher that the 2011?

G8rGT

Reaction score
13/14 GT-500, which is not on your list. Better brakes, eng, blower, HE, IC pump etc.

Yeah, the 4 I chose are more in my budget. I love the 13/14’s just can’t afford them, so I narrowed down the choices.

Question to the group, doesn’t the low production #’s of the Saleens and the fact the Fox Body Saleens are going up in value give them a decent chance to hold their value? Seems like scores of Shelby’s for sale vs only dozens of Saleens and only dozens of Roush’s for that matter.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
As for the Saleens holding their valve, just as dre256 previously mentioned, Saleen as a company lost favor with the Ford community due to poor management decisions which led to them filing for bankruptcy not just once, but on several different occasions which unfortunately still leaves a bad taste regarding their reputation is concerned. On the other hand, if the Saleen bankruptcies had never taken place, to begin with? chances are the S197, SN95, and Fox-body Saleen models would have a much higher value IMHO :shrug:

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure if it helps, but a buddy of mine bought a new edge Roush new thinking it might appreciate a little in the future. I think it's now worth whatever a GT of the same year is worth. Food for thought.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
He asked about holding value, not what will be worth the most. The answer is dependent on the price you can purchase each car.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe get a steeda I hear that company is going places...

G8rGT

Reaction score
If you want to make $, buy bitcoin!

That isn’t why I asked the question. I have found several of those cars in my budget and i was curious to see what the opinions are for what would hold its value, in other words, lose the least.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
The problem with saleen and roush cars...they are just tuner cars. I go to my local car insurance dealer, (yrs ago) and they list..... GT-500, Mustang GT, Mustang V6..... pick one. Saleen, Roush, Shelby..... 'never heard of em'. The blue book value for a roush or saleen is the same as a plane jane GT. They are just mustang GT's..with a bunch of go fast parts. They will depreciate the same as a plane jane GT. Put a blower on a new mustang, and you don't even get a power train warranty. The roush rs3 only has a roush warranty..on roush parts... IE: the blower assy only. I'd go as far to say that on any non forged eng, adding a blower will depreciate it even faster.

Last edited:

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
That isn’t why I asked the question. I have found several of those cars in my budget and i was curious to see what the opinions are for what would hold its value, in other words, lose the least.

That's the joke. BTC -> 0

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back