You aint from 'round here, are ya girl?

46addict

Reaction score
I will check out Lito if I go to a serious cam one day, he is the man! for now I use an emmision tune with the 02's on and the non foulers do the trick, then back my race tune for 2 years. :D
What cam are you using now?

I hear that is a good one as well! I have a single disc. I had purchased an exedy mach 400 in preparation to swap my clutch last year.
I called up exedy and was able to get a part number for the same clutch disc but in 26 spline.
Next go around I will upgrade to a McCleod. Seems quite a bit notchy getting into first/reverse from a stop like the disc is a bit fat... but I will wait to put some miles on it and see if it lessens.
You will be happy with that Exedy. I have a Mach 500 in mine and I have no complaints in the way it holds power. It almost always won't let me into reverse though unless I go into 5th first, and sometimes locks me out of 1st. I don't know if that's from the shifter I'm using or the stock clutch line/slave cylinder not disengaging the clutch properly.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
What cam are you using now?
Hot rod cams.

You will be happy with that Exedy. I have a Mach 500 in mine and I have no complaints in the way it holds power. It almost always won't let me into reverse though unless I go into 5th first, and sometimes locks me out of 1st. I don't know if that's from the shifter I'm using or the stock clutch line/slave cylinder not disengaging the clutch properly.
Really!? I think I have that same issue it's a real bitch getting into first if the car is still and reverse too.
The installer told me he thinks the disc might be too thick and to put some miles on it. It's not the end of the world but it is weird.
BTW I chirped going into 4th, clutch is holding pretty good because that has never happened to me! lol

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
1st and reverse will be the gears to act up if the clutch is not disengaging fully. It may clear up after the clutch is broken in. It may not.

It took me a lot longer than the 500 mile break in before I considered my clutch "broken in". But getting into gear 1st or R, was never an issue.
Ford racing flywheel (20lbs), Centerforce dual friction clutch (single disk), and dorman slave cylinder.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Yep, must not need to move very much.

I hope I can grab a used maganum someday.. time to start a fund. And to think I was about to start buying bitcoin!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back