Young Punk Build Volume III "Title Shot"

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hahaha man you're killing me you're so close....please go run a 10 so i can have an excuse to start trashing my car completely :)
you have the 60' and the trap speed for 10's no question

Trust me , I want that slip lol

Matt I think he's saying you can't shift...:popcorneat:

Im driving the hell out of this car :thumb: But I can improve in between gears a bit more

this car is just sick... keep up the good work bro..
carlos

Thank you sir

You owe us a 10 sec. car man ! LOL

:roflmao: That eclipse was not a fucken 10 second car

Great... you've found the 'other' XX.0 hell!!:roflmao:

This seems to happen way too often to be coincidence...

Shhhhh don't jynx it Chad, My luck i will run 11.00 like 5 times in a row

hahaha no way man not busting on his driving abilities heck i haven't raced a stick car in 20 years so i'm sure he's a thousand times better than me right now...but i also haven't missed a shift in 20 years :)
just saying he's got the same 60' and trap speed as i did on my 10 sec passes so it's just a matter of getting a perfect run which i know he will get and then i gotta either do some work or just say F it and forget about trying to be the fastest N\A car and just go bracket racing.
the s197 races are just more fun though. running against cars like mine and not tube chassised big block vegas and crap.

I know I have improvment's I still think I am short shifting the car... Time to shift it at 7500 so it doesn't fall out of the power band :evillaugh:

Going for records and racing on weekends is the best plan... that's my plan anyway :beer:

Jimmy k

forum member
Reaction score
I know I have improvment's I still think I am short shifting the car... Time to shift it at 7500 so it doesn't fall out of the power band :evillaugh

I agrree with you there Matt 7400-7500, for the win, :thumb: Got mine set to 7400, I take it up there all the time lol,

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Take it to 8 and quit being a wuss.......LOL

Great job with this car man!!! Perfection!

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
From what I was told the factory setting is 7800 rpm in the computer. You can not rev it any higher than that with factory computer.

Awesome times Matt...

J

JP229

Like said 100,000 times before, Awesome build thread. I'm super jealous. Love your car! Total street look(minus the bigs n littles), yet a total race car. This thread makes me want to sell the nitrous things i have laying around and keep on keepin on with the n/a setup. The only thing is, its gonna cost waaay more to go low 11's n/a than with a lil spray:evil: haha

Btw is stock clutch still in that thing since you took out the spec stage 3? I dont recall seeing you answer that, my bad if you did. I want to do clutch over the winter to support the juice but I have NO idea what to get. Everyone seems to have problems with just about every brand.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Matt you should be able to get it into the 10s before the winter hits. The air around here has been in the low 60s high 50 towards dark. Perfect temps to be busting some good numbers.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Like said 100,000 times before, Awesome build thread. I'm super jealous. Love your car! Total street look(minus the bigs n littles), yet a total race car. This thread makes me want to sell the nitrous things i have laying around and keep on keepin on with the n/a setup. The only thing is, its gonna cost waaay more to go low 11's n/a than with a lil spray:evil: haha

Btw is stock clutch still in that thing since you took out the spec stage 3? I dont recall seeing you answer that, my bad if you did. I want to do clutch over the winter to support the juice but I have NO idea what to get. Everyone seems to have problems with just about every brand.

The spec 3 was actually slipping really bad on the dyno.... So my stock used clutch that has over 2 years of freak hell on (street and trip) got thrown back into the car and instantly my problem was gone and I acheieved thed 400wrhp number. 1.4 Sixty foots on my stock used clutch... I should send a thank you basket to ford :roflmao:

I do need to upgrade the clutch eventually and I think mcleod, or centreforce is my next option.

WarFords

forum member
Reaction score
I just pulled my spec stage 3+ after 12 passes and 1k street miles it is toast! I was going to try and sell it cause I'm swaping to a 4r but I can't now. That is also the second one I have had in the car. The last spec lasted 3 track passes. I just said screw it, I'm getting an auto!

J

JP229

The spec 3 was actually slipping really bad on the dyno.... So my stock used clutch that has over 2 years of freak hell on (street and trip) got thrown back into the car and instantly my problem was gone and I acheieved thed 400wrhp number. 1.4 Sixty foots on my stock used clutch.

I do need to upgrade the clutch eventually and I think mcleod, or centreforce is my next option.
Thats awesome lol.
Post some feedback when you do the new clutch too!

I just pulled my spec stage 3+ after 12 passes and 1k street miles it is toast! I was going to try and sell it cause I'm swaping to a 4r but I can't now. That is also the second one I have had in the car. The last spec lasted 3 track passes. I just said screw it, I'm getting an auto!
This kinda info is what makes me not wanna upgrade clutch.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Stock clutch ftw ford did their thing on these clutches!!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back