Young Punk Build Volume III "Title Shot"

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well..Last time out I clicked off a personal best of 11.87 @ 117mph. I said after our CSCN event weekend I was going to pull my motor out and go to the next level.

Here it is folks!

1matt-OSCA_3-615-1-1.jpg

My goal is to be one of the fastest NA 3 valve's around, I want to hit a 10 second slip, Still drive it on the street like I am now, do it on pump gas and the stock bottom end. This has not been done and people have told me I am crazy for trying to achieve this... If I listened to everyone in the past my car would have never been what It is today. Buliding / Racing / Driving this car has been a blast so far and I love every bit of the S197 chassis / modular set up's.

I started today around 7:30pm a Friend Rob lent me a hand getting it done quick. I have some dead lines I would like to make so I will be thrashing on this car every night pretty much

Getting it up

DSC03454.jpg

Dropping the x-pipe
DSC03456.jpg

C&L cold air removed, Starter out, Took the proto type intake off so I could tilt the motor a bit more , Drive shaft loop, Alum drive shaft out aswell along with the throttle body , rails and injectors

DSC03464.jpg

Out comes the Tremec (been so good to me)
DSC03457.jpg

I was looking forward to seeing what my stock clutch looked like after the constant beatings and almost 180 passes of hell looked like :p

DSC03459.jpg

It look's amazing for what it's been through! Almost a shame it won't be going back in lol This clutch is getting hung up on a wall xD

DSC03460.jpg

Perfect even wear

DSC03461.jpg

Flywheel will be sent out to get resurfaced in the morning

DSC03462.jpg

Final pic of the night

DSC03463.jpg

updates will be up asap :p

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cool. Good luck. I've been impressed with what you've done so far, so it'll be fun to watch you change gears.

I too am building a daily driver that I hope to get into the 10s. I think I'm there already, but we'll see when it gets cooler.

Boorail85

forum member
Reaction score
wow.. 11.87 with stock cams? at 117? DAMN!

whats the new setup gonna be? livernois stg 2 heads, big comp spr cams?

btw, congrats on getting in the new mm&ff mag. I saw the "powershiftin" article.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Good luck with the build; I'm sure your hard work/time spent is going to have awesome results.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Subrscribing as well. Your car is one of my favorites on the board, can't wait to see the improvements you have in store for it. Goodluck with the build!!

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
He said something about CNC heads in another thread a day or two ago.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Buying all the little thing's is what add's up hardcore... lol I knew how much the big ticket items were... always the odd's and end's that blow the budget xD

Here is the parts list

-Livernous Stage 3 CNC program heads, with bronze guides, over sized valves and comp behive valve springs
-Comp 127500 Cams with phasers
-Melling Heavy duty oil pump
-Moroso Deep 7 quart alum pan
-JLT Carbon fiber 110mm Cold air kit
-Ford Racing 39 lb injectors
-Mishimoto Silicone rad hoses
-Custom billet ilder pulleys & alternator cap
-Upr billet belt tensioner and pulley
-Arp 3 Valve head studs
-Ford Racing oem head gaskets
-Spec stage 3 clutch
-Ford oem cam bolts
-Autometer Carbon fiber pro stock 5" tach
-Upr Heavy duty race lower rear control arms
-Fore precision work's Fuel rails with russel fittings

I know im forgetting some odd's and ends but pics will be up soon :beerdrink:

Last edited:

Liberty911

forum member
Reaction score
Nice list of mods. I hope you get the 10 sec slip and I'll be watching! Will any additional changes in weight be made? 3210 is pretty light.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back