and then....

DSC03485.jpg

More updates coming soon :beerchug2:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Go do the damn thing!

Im looking forward to this b/c I know w/ lesser heads and cams, my powerband moved above 7K w/ FRPP intake. Matt, I know you are going to find it... wherever it is! LOL! Im curious to see how long shortblock lives, or, if you can find a way to peak hp w/in safe rpms of the oem shortblock.

You will be doing the end all be all of how much n/a air can the shortblock flow with stock internals.

Getting into the 10s n/a, I 100% see you doing it. With stock shortblock and those heads/cams... Im going to throw my guess into the mix and say no.

Maybe those heads w/ stock cams...???

110mm cai, FRPP TB, FRPP intake... gonna be hell to get velocity.

Peak power, Im guessing, will be 7500ish... maybe more...

Gonna be interesting!

Looking very forward to your quest.

Again, I am on your side. Just physics to deal with...

Ok, done being the downer and stating things I know you already know.

When is projected track testing :beerdrink:

I respect your opinion buddy :beerchug2: But im going to prove you wrong anyway :beerdrink:

This will be on the track ASAP need to break the clutch in and im game. I have a grudge race day coming up that I need to be ready for aswell

Last edited:

mineralgraygt

Reaction score
awsome build. ive been watching the progress of your car in all your builds. your car is my favorite s197 by far good luck getting into the tens :thumb:

o0Dan0o

forum member
Reaction score
My :2cents: when the rod ends on the UPR units start to rattle pretty bad, probably in about six months if it's used very often, spend a couple hundred one a pair of really nice one and some boots for them to keep them clean, they'll last much, much longer. Unless UPR has a lifetime warranty on the rod ends...
Dan

Edit: Oh, and completely awesome build, can't wait to see what you do at the track!

Buying all the little thing's is what add's up hardcore... lol I knew how much the big ticket items were... always the odd's and end's that blow the budget xD

Here is the parts list

-Livernous Stage 3 CNC program heads, with bronze guides, over sized valves and comp behive valve springs
-Comp 127500 Cams with phasers
-Melling Heavy duty oil pump
-Moroso Deep 7 quart alum pan
-JLT Carbon fiber 110mm Cold air kit
-Ford Racing 39 lb injectors
-Mishimoto Silicone rad hoses
-Custom billet ilder pulleys & alternator cap
-Upr billet belt tensioner and pulley
-Arp 3 Valve head studs
-Ford Racing oem head gaskets
-Spec stage 2 clutch
-Ford oem cam bolts
-Autometer Carbon fiber pro stock 5" tach
-Upr Heavy duty race lower rear control arms
-Fore precision work's Fuel rails with russel fittings

I know im forgetting some odd's and ends but pics will be up soon :beerdrink:

Last edited:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I already run Upr race lower's for the last year and a bit with no issues. These new one's are bigger in Dia".

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Buying all the little thing's is what add's up hardcore... lol I knew how much the big ticket items were... always the odd's and end's that blow the budget xD

Here is the parts list

-Livernous Stage 3 CNC program heads, with bronze guides, over sized valves and comp behive valve springs
-Comp 127500 Cams with phasers
-Melling Heavy duty oil pump
-Moroso Deep 7 quart alum pan
-JLT Carbon fiber 110mm Cold air kit
-Ford Racing 39 lb injectors
-Mishimoto Silicone rad hoses
-Custom billet ilder pulleys & alternator cap
-Upr billet belt tensioner and pulley
-Arp 3 Valve head studs
-Ford Racing oem head gaskets
-Spec stage 2 clutch
-Ford oem cam bolts
-Autometer Carbon fiber pro stock 5" tach
-Upr Heavy duty race lower rear control arms
-Fore precision work's Fuel rails with russel fittings

I know im forgetting some odd's and ends but pics will be up soon :beerdrink:

Quite the list you have there.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Plus Im trying to compeat with spyder7724's 10 second N/A beast.. I had to pull out the heavy artiliary :evillaugh:

o0Dan0o

forum member
Reaction score
I already run Upr race lower's for the last year and a bit with no issues. These new one's are bigger in Dia".

Ahh, the ones in the pictures they show little a little small, though not bad. Having made my own and used a few different companies, I've learned the value of a good rod end. Though mine have been for auto-x/open track, so they probably see a few more miles if yours is a track only car.

Best of luck.
Dan

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh ok, well your still on the stock 281 4.6L, so 10s for you is a little different. Alot more impressive in my opinion.

Yeah 9s wouldnt be out of the question with the right size shot.

I Feel I will eventually get a 10.9 with this combo... with everything running bang on and me shifting like a animal. But if my car was stock weight or a little less It wouldn't be possible. The 5.4 car isn't as light as my car and isn't even using a trans break yet :thud:lol it's got alot more in it for sure.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
I Feel I will eventually get a 10.9 with this combo... with everything running bang on and me shifting like a animal. But if my car was stock weight or a little less It wouldn't be possible. The 5.4 car isn't as light as my car and isn't even using a trans break yet :thud:lol it's got alot more in it for sure.

Yeah....displacement when it comes to N/A apps can get the best of ya.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Few questions:

• "Comp 127500 Cams with phasers". Are you planning on running limiters or lockouts?
  • "Melling HD oil pump". Based on that statement I assume you're going to lockout the VCT both mechanically and in the tune? Don't want to start the whole Melling vs TSS oil pump debate as that issue has been beaten to death.
  • "Ford OEM cam bolts". If your planning on locking out the VCT why not run ARP's cam sprocket bolts which are solid (they aren't hollow so they won't support VCT), stronger and reusable?
  • Since you'll be removing all of the timing components from the front of the engine, are you going to reuse the stock 3V tensioners, replace with new plastic bodied 3V tensioners or install steel bodied tensioners from the 2Vs?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back