ZEX users: has your window switch ever "locked" your throttle body?

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So, I'm at work and decide to move my car closer to the building before it gets dark. Go out, hop in, turn the key, nothing. Well, the lights come on and the needles move, but the car isn't even trying to start. No motion, no activity, nothing.

I listen a bit closer and notice that I can't hear the fuel pump turn on either, but I do hear this strange ticking noise as long as the key is in the ON position. I leave it in that position, pop the hood and try to figure out where the sound is coming from. It turns out that it's coming from the TB. I could actually feel the ticking on the motor when I put my hand on it. I had driven the car all day without TB problems, so I'm lost at this point.

So the only possible thing I can think of is that maybe the wire that's going to the WOT wire is doing something. Doesn't make any sense, but I don't want to be stranded at work, so it's worth a shot.

I pry open the tap that I used and separate the wires. Car fires right up. WTF?

Here is the kicker, the entire nitrous kit (NMU, window switch, purge kit) ISN'T POWERED! There is no power going to any of it. I'm still waiting on some parts and want to do all of the wiring at once, so I didn't make any power connections.

I'm chalking this one up to the gremlins, but I'm curious about the experiences of others in regards to this, if any.

I swear, if it can happen to me, it will happen to me.....:tdown:

ROUSH1711

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've never had this happen with mine.
I would say re-wiring from scratch is
the best route to take,soldering IMO.

Bump for anyone who might have info

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back