2011 TSB Thread

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
I just got mine in for the read end whine and told them that 1 out of 7 days i have problems shifting into 3rd and 2nd gear, but specially down shifting into 2nd gear fast and he told me about the new oil so they will add that to it. Pretty cool in my local ford dealer they give me a fusion rental because they dont know how long it will take for the rear end.... :naughty1:

BIGALS5.0

Reaction score
TSB

I did the TSB and I have noticed a big difference. The fluid (XT-11-QDC Dual Clutch Fluid) is thinner that goes in. My 1st and 2nd gear change is a lot better. It dosen't clunk when going into gear. I never had a problem with 3rd-6th gear. I never had grinding going into gear ever.

steveespo

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates guys this is good info although Ford seems to go back and forth on the QS/QDC fluid issue. I have balky first and second gear when cold and ambient is 40 degrees or lower. Since it has started to warm up in the northeast the car has been better in the morning. I may change it as I have 11000 miles and getting the break in gunk out of the trans may not be a bad thing.

Also luillo you may want to tone down your sig and picture- with that photo, desciption of parts and 60 FOOT time I don't know if Ford will be doing much driveline warranty work. Hopefully you have a cool dealership who works the system for you.
Steve

gtmiller1001

forum member
Reaction score
jmatero - how sure are you that this fluid will cause "whining." Didn't you have other work done at the same time that could be the cause?

They replaced the QS w/QDC in mine, didn't to any transmission repairs but did replace the clutch per Ford HQ, even though there were no issues with it.

The new fluid definitely causes a louder wine. I did have one before, only in 1 through 4. I still have one now and it is definitely louder.

BIGALS5.0

Reaction score
TSB

The new fluid didn't cause any louder wine from my transmission.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates guys this is good info although Ford seems to go back and forth on the QS/QDC fluid issue. I have balky first and second gear when cold and ambient is 40 degrees or lower. Since it has started to warm up in the northeast the car has been better in the morning. I may change it as I have 11000 miles and getting the break in gunk out of the trans may not be a bad thing.

Also luillo you may want to tone down your sig and picture- with that photo, desciption of parts and 60 FOOT time I don't know if Ford will be doing much driveline warranty work. Hopefully you have a cool dealership who works the system for you.
Steve

I have not touch my drive train at all. It is all stock. yeah i use the car hard but that is why i wanted to buy a 2011 5.0 and why i trade in my 2009 4.6...LOL

If i wanted to go work i buy a Honda civic.LOL

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
They replaced the QS w/QDC in mine, didn't to any transmission repairs but did replace the clutch per Ford HQ, even though there were no issues with it.

The new fluid definitely causes a louder wine. I did have one before, only in 1 through 4. I still have one now and it is definitely louder.

Mine whined like crazy with the QDC fluid.. Did it from day one.

After they rebuilt my trans, the dealership put QS in. The whine is gone, and it shifts a LOT better. It's still a little notchy when cold, but, nothing horrible.

Travis

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
5.0L - calibration update - various issues - built on or before 8/16/2010

Attachments

• tsb11-03-32.pdf
    47 KB · Views: 324

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
TSB 11-3-35

Intelligent oil life monitor - premature oil life percent and change indications

Attachments

• tsb11-03-35.pdf
    47 KB · Views: 203

fiveoh

forum member
Reaction score
5.0L - calibration update - various issues - built on or before 8/16/2010

Hmm... ive had the long start thing.

If I have a custom tune and flash it back to stock to get this done, when I reinstall the custom tune will it override this?

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmm... ive had the long start thing.

So have a lot of other people, except me. But now I understand why, since my 'Stang was built in September.

If I have a custom tune and flash it back to stock to get this done, when I reinstall the custom tune will it override this?

It depends on what the tune overwrites. If the tune only changes the air/fuel/spark tables, it might not. But if the tune overwrites everything, then it would.

Blownblu03

forum member
Reaction score
All I know is I hope my 2012 has the problem corrected! Dealer told me that when it arrives they will perform the fluid change before it is delivered to me. If the know it is a problem then why would this not be addredded at the time of the build and not when it arrives to the dealer! That blows my mind! I see TSB's being addressed at dealers for cars already out but a car that is not even built yet??

Last edited:

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
TSB 11-3-31

5.0L - P0301 thru P0308 - built on or before 8/16/2010

Attachments

• tsb11-03-31.pdf
    47.2 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
TSB 11-3-37

Body control module B - U1000 and related dtcs - built on or before 7/26/2010

Attachments

• tsb11-03-37.pdf
    47.3 KB · Views: 143

cantdrive55

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the new TSBs tmcolegr.

Mine's an early build (5/10) but isn't exhibiting any of those problems. Looks like they rolled all the fixes into a new calibration.

almost heaven

forum member
Reaction score
If anyone is sick and tired of their new 5.0 with all the problems it has, I'm willing to trade my 2007 for it. It doesn't have any problems.
:)

Back