2011 TSB Thread

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
awesome.and since its a TSB, even if im not experiencing this problem, i can still bring it in to have the bulletin performed on my car yes?

Grimace427

Hellhound
Reaction score
TSB's are only for assisting technicians to diagnose problems that have been widespread. While your dealer may replace the trans fluid for you, don't count on it. Not every car will experience this problem, mine included.
In my experience here at a Benz dealer, less than 10% of cars experience even the most common TSB's, or DTB's(Dealer Technical Bulletin, aka Deet Dee Dee!) as we call them.

And FYI, recalls are only for safety related items. I can see the clutch issues falling under that category, but not the rough shifting issue.

jeff s

Reaction score
If you're not experiencing problems, would the fluid change still be recommended as prevention?

Strange that the original fluid is working fine in some and not in others.

I suspect there is still the clutch issue causing shifting problems too. Interesting.

heeltoe

Reaction score
awesome.and since its a TSB, even if im not experiencing this problem, i can still bring it in to have the bulletin performed on my car yes?

If your car is not having the problem and the tech cannot duplicate it, they most likely will not repair it. Alot of people think just because there is a TSB out that it applies to there car- which is not accurate.

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
If your car is not having the problem and the tech cannot duplicate it, they most likely will not repair it. Alot of people think just because there is a TSB out that it applies to there car- which is not accurate.
thats what i figured. just wanted to double check before making any phone calls.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
my trans has been whining in 1-4 for quite some time now, an just over the the weekend started grinding going into 5th gear, allready had the clutch, pedal assembly and master cyl replaced at 6700 miles (13k miles now). I called Ford customer care yesterday and got a case #, and will be taking my car to have them look at it AGAIN..I allready had them look at it once and they said the whine was normal, however when I go drive a 5.0 on thier lot it doesnt whine at all. How can this be normal when w/ past transmissions (T5) when it started whining it meant something was wrong w/ it yet this is normal for this trans? I wonder if the fluid change (that i have read other places DOESNT belong in this MT82) will get rid of the whine.

acrbill

Reaction score
thanks man! My car is in the shop for the fuel gauge TSB so I just left a message for the service guy about this TSB. I had mentioned to him that I was having a problem so hopefully this gets resolved for me.

Ivan 5.0

Still learning...
Reaction score
Nice, thank you. Just set up an appointment for this Saturday - I've neem having the whole notchy and whinny trans issue since 500 miles on the clock - have ~2200 miles on it now. Last time I brought it in they said the whine was form the intake... *sigh*

ViciousJay

forum member
Reaction score
well i wanted to drain and refill seeing how im almost at 10K.... looks like im getting it done for free cuz i def have the notchy issue in the morning

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score

+1. A TSB doesn't mean you automatically get the fix - unless your car experiences the problem outlined in the TSB.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
if the trans is doing the "common" whine allready, wont it just whine louder w/ the thinner trans fluid??

jmatero

Reaction score
This is specifically for folks experiencing shifting issues when the car is cold. If you are not one of those people, don't swap fluids. One side effect is that it causes whining from the tranny.

Fast351

I can't drive 55
Reaction score
Just to be crystal clear here, this TSB DOES NOT address grinding into those gears, which is most likely a clutch issue.

I'm not holding my breath for Ford to admit that their clutch DESIGN is a problem for a growing number of M6 customers...

JDM74

forum member
Reaction score
Got the TSB performed this afternoon. I'll let you know how it works tomorrow after I drive it to work in the cold. I am not convinced this is going to make all the notchyness go away. The fluid is noticeably thinner than the fluid that came out.

Reaction score
Got the TSB performed this afternoon. I'll let you know how it works tomorrow after I drive it to work in the cold. I am not convinced this is going to make all the notchyness go away. The fluid is noticeably thinner than the fluid that came out.

Subbed, let us know. :beerdrink:

Hufen

forum member
Reaction score
Yea definately interested to see how the thinner fluid works out, please let us know!

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
So confusing..

My trans came with QDC in it. It started whining/grinding within 1200 miles. It was rebuilt, and the tech installed the thicker QS fluid. Now, it doesn't grind, and shifts just fine.

GrabberBooGT

forum member
Reaction score
This is specifically for folks experiencing shifting issues when the car is cold. If you are not one of those people, don't swap fluids. One side effect is that it causes whining from the tranny.

jmatero - how sure are you that this fluid will cause "whining." Didn't you have other work done at the same time that could be the cause?

JDM74

forum member
Reaction score
Drove the car to work today, it was 49-50 degrees when I pulled out of the garage. Tranny shifted much better than it has in the past. No notchyness or grinding. No whining at all that I can tell. Car never whined before. Hopefully we will have a colder morning so I can see how it reacts to even cooler temps.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back