What's the deal on yankee toll roads ?

Thereaper

forum member
Reaction score
I look at toll roads like Strip Clubs, just bring a pocket full of dollar bills and all is good. In Houston they will let you slide the first time if you're not a Texas citizen..

Last edited:

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nothing worse than driving in Illinois through Chicago. I think it was I-90, and there was a fucking toll booth every 5 miles and I didn't have an Illinois transponder so I was forced to pay something like $1.90 every toll. The money didn't piss me off so much as having to stop every 5 miles.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
No. It's the toll plus fees and penalties for not paying them when he was supposed too.

No, dumbass. That's the first bill I received. It has nothing to do with late penalties. Anyway, my last trip up there that's for sure.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
You live in Florida. Happens on a lot of the Highways here as well.

There are toll roads here yes, but where on an Interstate highway are they ? I haven't seen any. No tolls on 1-10 which goes all the way across the pan handle. No tolls on I-95 which goes all the way down the East coast to Miami, then US1 to Key West.

Last edited:

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No, dumbass. That's the first bill I received. It has nothing to do with late penalties. Anyway, my last trip up there that's for sure.

First off......no need for name calling. That's childish. Grow up. Be an adult. I, nor anyone else busting your balls (which, BTW you opened yourself up to by posting this thread) are the ones that skipped paying our bill. Would you go out for ice cream and then elect not to pay after you ate it? At it's most basic level, that's what you admitted too.

Second, What where you driving? I figured a car or pickup. But maybe you had a trailer in tow. Where you pulling a trailer? Because there is no way in hell your toll would be $57.25 even with a trailer. Did you even look at the link I provided? Nothing in this adds up to $57.25 so something else is added to your bill. No combination of even dollars adds up to a total with $0.25 involved.

14sh2ki.jpg

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Nothing worse than driving in Illinois through Chicago. I think it was I-90, and there was a fucking toll booth every 5 miles and I didn't have an Illinois transponder so I was forced to pay something like $1.90 every toll. The money didn't piss me off so much as having to stop every 5 miles.

I used to drive that all the time back before the fast pass was a thing and it did suck, but it was always fun trying to jockey for a good running mate for the toll booth drags every few miles.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, I busted out the scanner for ya'll. Tell me where on this bill it says anything about part of the $57 is for paying late ? Yes, there is a ridiculous administration fee, but even if I had paid the same day, it wouldn't be less than $57.

Attachments

• bs 001.jpg
    bs 001.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 26

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
"Administrative Fee" is just a PC way of saying dumbass. You are the one who isn't smart enough to figure that out. Because you're a dumbass.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
"Administrative Fee" is just a PC way of saying dumbass. You are the one who isn't smart enough to figure that out. Because you're a dumbass.

The only thing I was a dumbass about was driving up there in the first place. That's commie crap, but never again.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What kind of response did you expect when you started this thread? Because I am pretty sure you didn't get the result you expected.

Also did you cross the bridge once or twice? Because the $7.25 they list as the toll matches nothing on their website for current tolls.

Last edited:

GTAmuscle

forum member
Reaction score
Oh I love this thread. One part of me is going "fuck tolls you commie bastards" the other part is saying "well, it is the law you should probably stop and pay the toll, dumbass".

46addict

Reaction score
What kind of response did you expect when you started this thread? Because I am pretty sure you didn't get the result you expected.

Also did you cross the bridge once or twice? Because the $7.25 they list as the toll matches nothing on their website for current tolls.

The original post says the Delaware bridge was crossed twice. Still doesn't add up though.

Oh I love this thread. One part of me is going "fuck tolls you commie bastards" the other part is saying "well, it is the law you should probably stop and pay the toll, dumbass".

Pretty much. Commie laws or not, they need to be followed until the said commies running the show can be voted out. Or, just move to a free state in the south and avoid such things. Oh wait, southern roads have tolls too.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The original post says the Delaware bridge was crossed twice. Still doesn't add up though.

I forgot he said two times.

Yeah I can't figure out why it doesn't add up. My only thought is it was discounted for some reason. And then they add the "administration fee". Which we all know is really just a different name for penalty charge. I mean they have to pay someone to handle all the paperwork and processing of this collection and postage. And they also want to make it hurt enough that you stop and pay next time.

I drove to Canada (near Toronto) and ended up on a toll highway because I missed my exit. I went to the very first exit got off, turned around and went back. This toll road has no toll booths. They just bill you if you don't have an account set up. I got a bill for the tolls plus a little interest and if I didn't pay they would continue to add interest. I called them said I would not pay the interest, but would gladly pay the toll. They agreed and took my payment. A month later I got a letter demanding not quite $2 in interest. I called again and told them they already took my payment and there was no way I was paying the interest. After a couple calls, they said ok we'll "waive the interest this time".

That's commie crap....

How are toll roads/bridges communist?

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
maybe he got two bills one from NJ one from PA

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
I think opinions on this subject are 99% dependent on exposure and to what you're used to dealing. Toll roads are not terribly common down here, other than in Oklahoma. And they're some of the worst roads around. Oklahoma roads in general are complete shit. They're way more common up in the northeast, north-midwest, and even in the densely populated east coast states.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The "Administrative Fee" is the fine for not paying the toll at the time of your crossing the bridge.

It is also known as a "Stupid Tax."

Also, I think it's funny that you act like it's a "Yankee" thing, whenever Florida has toll roads all over the place.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back