Some 2013 auto testing tonight

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Went pretty well, not 100% satisfied yet, but certainly getting there. Only change since running 11.96 is the converter. I think this is a good illustration of how well a converter works compared to a gear, which does little to nothing for these cars. This is a mild street converter which a company I will not name at this time still has in development, not a loose one like a Circle D 5C as used in my own car. It surprised me how well it would 60', a bit better than I expected. Owner of this car doesn't want to install a roll bar, so we're just about done.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats. Is the conv cheaper than the circle d?

It's a hard question to answer as the two terms may coincide with each other if that makes sense. ;)

Stay tuned. :)

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats. Is the conv cheaper than the circle d?

I really can't say how it would be priced if it comes to market, as that isn't up to me, but I would expect it to be less. Just fortunate enough to be involved in some development testing.

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Love it. 11.67 with the stock 3.15's. I can't wait until the info on this converter comes out.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How much did it pick up with just the TC? If that was in the vid and I missed it, my apologies.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
awesome.. sometimes... sometimes I think.... autoooooooooo...

but.. but how can i.. is it still fun.. can I still be a man......... ummmmm

DeepImpactPony

forum member
Reaction score
KDanner, and or wbt, what are your recommendations for suspension? I just installed steeda LCA's that I bought from another forum BNIB, for 100 bucks.

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
How much did it pick up with just the TC? If that was in the vid and I missed it, my apologies.

Car picked up 3 tenths.

NIce run. Have you done any data logging to see where the MPH you think you should have had went?

Yes, I datalog a lot, and in a situation like this where a part is under test, I compile all the data I can. I use the data stream off the processor, some Racelogic GPS equipment, a weather station, and then calculate all the split times/MPH gains based on the timeslip. The more data you compile, the better the picture you have of what exactly is going on.

Nice runs! What was the DA?

DA was between 634 and 237 for these 5 runs.

lostsoul said:
but.. but how can i.. is it still fun..

It's always fun when you have people coming around looking at a totally stock engine and trying to find nitrous on it somewhere!

DeepImpactPony said:
KDanner, and or wbt, what are your recommendations for suspension?

This car has nothing but a Roush upper. If you want to run in the 10s, then you're looking at needing more. I've just bought a bunch of new suspension for my own car that I will be testing. It's not the usual crap pushed by forum parts peddlers. Basically, you want all the bushings gone front and rear, and replaced with spherical bearings, or a hard bushing like a delrin that won't have any stiction. That means no urethane, no rubber, anywhere. Then you need to test different spring rates to see what your car really likes, and you need adjustable shocks/struts to keep it all under control. Need an anti roll bar, they help a ton. It will be noisy, and I don't care.

04compgt

forum member
Reaction score
Good job kdanner. Have you looked into the logs at third gear to see if it is dumping fuel in the tune? I tuned a 2013 for a friend and for some reason the 13s have a new cat overtemp strategy that by turning off the rear o2s and the cat overtemp it still dumped fuel, I had to do some other parameter changes to fix it that I will not discuss openly because it took me a long time to figure out but I datalogged another 13 with a "pro" mail order tune and they had the same rich condition at the end of the track. Maybe look into that to see if thats the case and you are losing mph. You probably already have this figured out though.

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah cat protection is turned off. I'm pretty sure I know where the MPH went.

04compgt

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah cat protection is turned off. I'm pretty sure I know where the MPH went.

Good! Yeah on this car I tuned cat protection was turned off and it still was dumping fuel on the big end. I had to change some actual parameters that I never needed to touch on my 12. Cant wait to see the end result on this one!

Need4Speed12

forum member
Reaction score
Was this car full weight except for the wheels and driveshaft? (Front swaybar, passenger seat, rear seats, etc). Also I couldn't see on my phone, what was the best 60ft? And what kind of radial tires were on the rear? Again, nice work!

Last edited:

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
Was this car full weight except for the wheels and driveshaft? (Front swaybar, passenger seat, rear seats, etc). Also I couldn't see on my phone, what was the best 60ft? And what kind of radial tires were on the rear? Again, nice work!

No weight removal, factory swaybar/crossmember/seats still installed. 1.64 was the best 60'. Hoosier tires.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back