05 GT Chrome Bullitts

Zrxpilot

forum member
Reaction score
Been looking at a different set of wheels for some time. I have a vision in my head assuming I wanted 18" Bullitts for my 05. First thought i wanted black but now thinking chrome. Been spending some time in search and could not find anything that hit me.

Until now. Check this out. This is the look I am looking for but the guy says his wheels are 17".

http://mustangattitude.com/cgi-bin/showcar.cgi?type=lot&pic=/2006/2006_00008_05

My apologies for posting if this is your car and you are offended. (Sharp car btw..)

Do these look like 17's to you?

Ever heard of SR wheels?

Im not a track guy and this isnt for my daily driver. Just want something that looks cool.

Got 18" Enkei PKR's on there now and just cant warm up to the 6 spoke wheel.

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
It's all up to you. Chrome is subject to your preference. I love chrome and dislike black wheels because they give a dirty wheel appearance to me.

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
Been looking at a different set of wheels for some time. I have a vision in my head assuming I wanted 18" Bullitts for my 05. First thought i wanted black but now thinking chrome. Been spending some time in search and could not find anything that hit me.

Until now. Check this out. This is the look I am looking for but the guy says his wheels are 17".

http://mustangattitude.com/cgi-bin/showcar.cgi?type=lot&pic=/2006/2006_00008_05

My apologies for posting if this is your car and you are offended. (Sharp car btw..)

Do these look like 17's to you?

Ever heard of SR wheels?

Im not a track guy and this isnt for my daily driver. Just want something that looks cool.

Got 18" Enkei PKR's on there now and just cant warm up to the 6 spoke wheel.

SR Wheels is Stack Racing— one of the many suppliers of replica Bullitts to retailers. There are 3 or 4 suppliers of the Bullitt wheels IIRC. If you're going to spend the money on wheels, go with 18s and some good, meaty tires to fill the wheel well. OR, if you don't want to spend that kind of money, find someone selling their used 18" Chrome OEM Bullitts that came on the GT Premiums. They come up pretty regularly.

Zrxpilot

forum member
Reaction score
I ended up going with 18's. 18/10 and 18x8 on anthracite wheels. Black car with grey stripes. Should look ok. Got them from AM. Deep dish on the back and standard lip on the front.

I feel I did make a grave misstake with the tire size. Previous tires were 285/40r and 255/45f and I liked the way it looked but didnt bother to make this connection when ordering.

By reccomendation I went with 275/40r and 245/40 f. Doing the math later I found the rears will be fine as the height difference between the two is neglidgible. I think the bummer is going to be on the fronts as the 245/40 measures out 1.2" (yep..one point two) inches smaller than the 255.

My bad. Should have been a little more prepared. Who knows, it might look ok but I think its going to look retarded. If it does, Ill order up another set of fronts and sell the 245's. Its only money. Ugh.

Dont want to lower it any further as I live out in the sticks with about an 800' gravel driveway. The front drags just getting in the garage.

Regardless, I am looking for to seeing them on the car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back