08-10 F250 6.4 powerstroke, anyone?

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Picked one up to tow the stang, anyone here has done any mods to one of them?

I want to do some mild mods to it and want some feedback, maybe exhaust, tuner, intake....

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
I have a 09 F350 dually. It's a great truck however, I had to replace the exhaust filter 2 times under warranty and once out of warranty. (I have 100,000 miles on it) Anyway, put an exhaust system on it, get rid of the filter, and re-tune it.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 F250 that I pull my camper with for work, the camper weighs 17k empty. It runs good but the damn dpf kills fuel mileage, I am getting a spartan tuner and cat/dpf delete pipe for mine this summer.

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
any more info? how are the SCT or Diablo Tunes? DPF Delete?

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
any more info? how are the SCT or Diablo Tunes? DPF Delete?

Sorry, I can't answer your question. I had a friend of mine do the work at his shop. I didn't pay much attention to the procedure. If you want, I can PM his contact info to you.

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
lmao this poped up just as i have been asking my self all of this.

when you say the dpf kills the gas millage how much is alot. like before and after numbers

im wanting to get the truck to tow and i need it to last a long time and i have no idea where to even start with trucks and towing. i know you can get them to crazy power lvls but does that negatively affect towing and engine longevity.

also what do yall think of the new motor as far as what it is capable of would it be better to wait another 6 months and get a 2011??

also if you want to get a tune and all of that do you have to get it dyno'ed and all that. i dont know enough about all this to have seen any canned tunes

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
lmao this poped up just as i have been asking my self all of this.

when you say the dpf kills the gas millage how much is alot. like before and after numbers

im wanting to get the truck to tow and i need it to last a long time and i have no idea where to even start with trucks and towing. i know you can get them to crazy power lvls but does that negatively affect towing and engine longevity.

also what do yall think of the new motor as far as what it is capable of would it be better to wait another 6 months and get a 2011??

also if you want to get a tune and all of that do you have to get it dyno'ed and all that. i dont know enough about all this to have seen any canned tunes

I have bought a new dually every other year since 1999.

If I could have a Cummins with a 6 spd manual in my 09 Ford, that would be the perfect combination.

RedFire07GT

11sec N/A 3V
Reaction score
I don't have a truck, but I would sell my S197 for a nice F350 Turbo Diesel. There so nice! Deff. One in my future.... farrrr future haha.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
The 6.4 are great motors as long as you get rid of emissions equipment and a mild tune mileage will go up to upper teens and have plenty of power.
Longevity will be fine as long as you are good with maintinence and don't beat it day in and day out. If your curious about diesel performance go pic up Diesel Power magazine they have a ton of aftermarket info

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will be using the spartan tuner and delete pipe this fall. I plan on running the 210 hp setting for the most part, sounds like a lot of people are running that and have had good luck. My understanding is the Diablo does not allow trans tuning, SCT, Black maxx, and spartan are the only ones that I know of that allow the trans to be tuned. I been reading up to 5mpg gains after doing a dpf and cat delete pipe with an off road tune.

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
white05gt said:
I will be using the spartan tuner and delete pipe this fall. I plan on running the 210 hp setting for the most part, sounds like a lot of people are running that and have had good luck. My understanding is the Diablo does not allow trans tuning, SCT, Black maxx, and spartan are the only ones that I know of that allow the trans to be tuned. I been reading up to 5mpg gains after doing a dpf and cat delete pipe with an off road tune.

I been looking at them and can't decide if it is all true. Goin from 12 mpg-17 mpg is a large percentage gain.

I also can't decide if I would like the truck as a dd or if I should just get aloe miles 5.4 f150.

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will be using the spartan tuner and delete pipe this fall. I plan on running the 210 hp setting for the most part, sounds like a lot of people are running that and have had good luck.

+1 for Spartan Diesel Performance and get rid of the DPF and regen.

Impact 5.0

Don't hate..Appreciate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I been looking at them and can't decide if it is all true. Goin from 12 mpg-17 mpg is a large percentage gain.

I also can't decide if I would like the truck as a dd or if I should just get aloe miles 5.4 f150.
A buddy of mine has a new one and is tuned with a 6inch lift.. he gets 12mpg.. I have been shopping around also but sadly seems more and more I am looking at the Dodge 5.9L :(

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OK I dont feel so bad then.. lol

been looking at the 07's 5.9 Mega Cabs.
Get an '06
megacab, stay away from the '07 (5.9L/6.7L) and up. They don't get the fuel economy of the '05 and '06.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back