09 Gt500 Shocks/Struts on 05 V6?

glawson1133

Reaction score
There's a guy on CL in my area selling a set of 09 GT500 shocks/struts for a great price and I just ordered eibach lowering springs so I was wondering if it were possible to install them on a 05 v6? Or perhaps my father's 07 gt with his SR lowering springs so I could get his gt shocks/struts? Thanks for any input.

satin06silver

Reaction score
They'll fit bro, there are a lot of components that are compatible between GT500, GT, and the V6.

glawson1133

Reaction score
Thanks! Might have to give the guy a call then. I was worried because I see all of this talk about the GT500 mounts and I wasn't sure, so thanks for the info. Gonna be a huge improvement over factory struts and factory springs.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Actually the GT500 struts are set up to account for that heavy iron block engine. With the little light weight six cylinder you are going to have a very stiff ride. I purchased a GT500 suspension kit from Ford Racing after buying my car and I only had it on the car for 3 weeks before giving up on it. The ride was so stiff I hated driving the car.

glawson1133

Reaction score
That's what I was worried about. Now what about factory 07 mustang gt struts then? If I put the shelby struts on my father's gt and take his factory struts, you think it'll still be that bad? I know the gt struts aren't as stiff as the shelby struts.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
If you are getting lowering springs, do NOT get a set of stock shocks/struts. Instead, get a good set of them that are designed to work with a lower stance.
(using stock shocks/struts with lowering springs often results in early failure of the shock/strut. search and you'll find examples of that.)

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
You can run stock shocks/struts from a heavier car (gt or gt500) and be fine. They're not going to wear out quickly. The rates are higher, same concept of an aftermarket setup, but not a whole lot more. The gt500 ones will be a bit bouncy, but depending on which Eibach springs you got, they wouldn't be a bad idea.

Autonut

Canadian Member
Reaction score
I'm running GT500 shocks and struts with Ford Racing GT500 Strut Mounts and Bullitt springs on my V6. I also have the front and rear sway bars from a GT500 with SR Performance adjustable end-links and a BMR adjustable panhard bar. The Mustang rides like it is on a rail and is not stiff at all.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back