10-12 retrofit on 05-09 s197 GT

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
Awesome work.... I want to see the end result!!
me too! some patience will be required as things come in

So you got the fenders to long up with the doors?
the fenders will need work to make it seemless. I am still tossing ideas as to what to do... I will be taking it to a custom body shop and seeing what they sugguest but as of now I think what I want to do is cut both fenders along these lines and marry the two.

This is great. Keep up the nice work.
thanks!

What are you going to do about the rear fender wells, to get them to match the front?
Im very happy with the rest of the cars panels. they will not be modified at all.

Looking pretty nasty so far. Sick work! I hope you're prepared for the flood of internet forum copycats.

82644371.jpg

LOL let them copy. anyone capable of doing this will def get my respect. this was pretty involved

Subbed!! Nice work !!
thank you!

Attachments

• fender mod.JPG
    fender mod.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 172

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
I always liked the car but this past weekends experience got me really attached.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343651429.203061.jpg

Last edited:

DILYSI Dave

forum member
Reaction score
Here is how I would slice-n-dice the fenders -

MustangFenders.jpg

I cut the early fender along the flare line from 9:00 to 12:00, then went back from there toward the cowl. About 2" shy of the cowl I then cut up toward the hood. Splice in that part from the later fender. That gets the hood lining up, the right light openings, the extended brow, etc., while still letting there be consistency between the front and rear flares. The area where the fascia meets up with the fender would still need some work I imagine, but I still think that this would net the most "the factory should have done it that way" look.

t-kid

forum member
Reaction score
Somebody needs to make "conversion" fenders. It would open up the front bumper possibilities for us 05-09 drivers exponentially.

eddieval5

forum member
Reaction score
Your making some fast progress on this cant wait till its done. Have you figured your costs so far?

DRock

Reaction score
the fenders will need work to make it seemless. I am still tossing ideas as to what to do... I will be taking it to a custom body shop and seeing what they sugguest but as of now I think what I want to do is cut both fenders along these lines and marry the two.

This is gonna be the only part that will cause problems. I had it all on my car and was gonna do the swap but I wanted the fender lines done right cause it bugged the hell outta me

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
I might not like your tires but this is looking cool man... Sub'd

I like something different... keep it up

someone get our man a photobucket account. lol

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
This is gonna be the only part that will cause problems. I had it all on my car and was gonna do the swap but I wanted the fender lines done right cause it bugged the hell outta me

I am not ok with the lines. I just know I will find a way to make it work. Any ideas are welcomed. Having both year sets of fenders helps

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
I might not like your tires but this is looking cool man... Sub'd

I like something different... keep it up

someone get our man a photobucket account. lol

It's all good. Indeed different mods is what keeps it unique.

I have a photobucket account. Lol. It's just so easy for me to point shoot and upload via tapatalk

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
i personally would cut and weld and make a set of conversion fenders so to speak. Take those, have some knock off body kit company manufacture them once done and profit. Fiberglass conversion fenders for CHEAP!!

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
i personally would cut and weld and make a set of conversion fenders so to speak. Take those, have some knock off body kit company manufacture them once done and profit. Fiberglass conversion fenders for CHEAP!!

Hmm lol thinking about that

t-kid

forum member
Reaction score

Fitment needs to be extremely high quality though. Someone who is willing to drop 2K+ on a front end conversion isn't going to want cheap fiberglass fenders

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back