11/7/14 Results

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Not too happy. Car didn't run well at all.

First pass, tires at 19psi
1.858 60'
[email protected]
Spun a bit off the line

2nd Pass, Tires at 17psi
[email protected]

Still spun a little of the hit, but mostly hooked

3rd pass, Tires at 16psi
[email protected]

4th pass, Tires at 15psi
[email protected]

Was expected solid 11.8s. DA was ~1700ft. Best previous time was a 12.2@115 so I did run a new best. Mods since then are switching form a MT et street to Hoosier QTP, Circle D 4C, and BMR lower brackets. I think the brackets messed up the launch. Need to move them to the top hole from the middle. Also car needs the tune tweaked. Was shifting at 6500 in first, it would hit 2nd rev to about 6k, then RPMS would drop back down to 5 then it would pull to redline. Almost like tranny/convertor was slipping or it was getting locked and pulling RPM back down. I'll send some tunes to Mike and have those issues fixed.

Mods are
Airaid Cai
Xpipe
28" Hoosiers
Eaton Trutrac
BMR Lowers
BMR Brackets
DSS Aluminum shaft
Circle D 4C

Still ha the fastest late model mustang out last night. Always fun beating up on the GT500s on stock tires.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Having Mike work out the tune's shift points and converter lock-up strategy will yield big improvements.

I recalculated your best run from the 1700' DA and it would have been an 11.95 @ 116 at sea level.

Congrats on the new PB with the 12.15! It's always great to get a PB even if you didn't hit your goals for the day.

Stigma

forum member
Reaction score
Not too happy. Car didn't run well at all.

First pass, tires at 19psi
1.858 60'
[email protected]
Spun a bit off the line

2nd Pass, Tires at 17psi
[email protected]

Still spun a little of the hit, but mostly hooked

3rd pass, Tires at 16psi
[email protected]

4th pass, Tires at 15psi
[email protected]

Was expected solid 11.8s. DA was ~1700ft. Best previous time was a 12.2@115 so I did run a new best. Mods since then are switching form a MT et street to Hoosier QTP, Circle D 4C, and BMR lower brackets. I think the brackets messed up the launch. Need to move them to the top hole from the middle. Also car needs the tune tweaked. Was shifting at 6500 in first, it would hit 2nd rev to about 6k, then RPMS would drop back down to 5 then it would pull to redline. Almost like tranny/convertor was slipping or it was getting locked and pulling RPM back down. I'll send some tunes to Mike and have those issues fixed.

Mods are
Airaid Cai
Xpipe
28" Hoosiers
Eaton Trutrac
BMR Lowers
BMR Brackets
DSS Aluminum shaft
Circle D 4C

Still ha the fastest late model mustang out last night. Always fun beating up on the GT500s on stock tires.
Your previous best mph was 115 and now it seems like your at the 113 mph area? Not gloating here...but i have the stock converter and stock cai and 3.15's and i am all over the low 12's without a converter,best so far [email protected] mph....i keep telling Mike that once i hit the 11 second zone then i will purchase a converter....but reading this worries me....spend over a grand for a converter and slow down?
Did you data log so Mike can see whats going on?

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Did not data log.
And comparing to different tracks/days doesn't do much. I ran 12.2 before without converter tires, and last time was 13.0s because they don't prep the track, so compared to last time I ran it was a 9/10ths drop in time from the tires/converter.

Just got a CE light on the way to get coffee for corrupted vehicle ID.

Just double checked the DA and it was 2350ft, so that is worse than I thought.

Last edited:

Stigma

forum member
Reaction score
Did not data log.
And comparing to different tracks/days doesn't do much. I ran 12.2 before without converter tires, and last time was 13.0s because they don't prep the track, so compared to last time I ran it was a 9/10ths drop in time from the tires/converter.

Just got a CE light on the way to get coffee for corrupted vehicle ID.

Just double checked the DA and it was 2350ft, so that is worse than I thought.
Wow....well i'm sure Mike will get you hooked up sooner than later. His customer service is second to none-
Please update once you get it figured out-

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
thanks for the update. It's always tough when you change multiple things to nail down the culprit; you'll get it sorted out soon enough!

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
He already emailed me back. Working on it.

I still had the fastest mustang there. All the other 5.0s were in 13s besides 1 that went 12.7, so can't complain too much. Uploading videos now.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
That's tough but I'm sure Mike will get ya took care of. I will be taking mine to the track tomorrow for the first time with the 4c, hopefully all goes well.

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Just put the LCAs to the upper hole.

Didn't get enough passes to really play with launch. Was just punching it on green. Didn't try to foot brake it or anything like that.

2011/5.0

Reaction score
I spent 4 weekends doing logs for mike too get a perfect and safe tune. And 5 months testing suspension settings ,some weekends are disappointing But when i ran a 11.33 na it was worth the trouble

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
You will get it sorted out, I'm sure Mike just needs to tweak the shift points now that you have the converter. Better DA, and you got 11s. Being that I am a manual guy, and this is my first auto, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought if you had a higher stall converter leaving at idle would hurt your ET's?

Also as a sidenote, I always, always data log new tunes before taking them to the track or even beating on the car. If you ask me, running the car on a new tune without data logging, especially with your mods is taking a slight chance…Data log that bitch ASAP.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Your previous best mph was 115 and now it seems like your at the 113 mph area? Not gloating here...but i have the stock converter and stock cai and 3.15's and i am all over the low 12's without a converter,best so far [email protected] mph....i keep telling Mike that once i hit the 11 second zone then i will purchase a converter....but reading this worries me....spend over a grand for a converter and slow down?
Did you data log so Mike can see whats going on?

Your best mph was on a night with negative DA, his night had a DA of almost 2400, that is a pretty big difference… You really cannot compare the two. Not to mention that adding a converter does absolutely nothing for your trap speed, and in some cases can actually lower it a tad from what I have seen. ET is what we all strive for, trap speed is just a secondary thing…

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
We always cut our best sixties by getting up on the converter. We've never had good luck flashing from idle/low rpm.

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
You will get it sorted out, I'm sure Mike just needs to tweak the shift points now that you have the converter. Better DA, and you got 11s. Being that I am a manual guy, and this is my first auto, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought if you had a higher stall converter leaving at idle would hurt your ET's?

Also as a sidenote, I always, always data log new tunes before taking them to the track or even beating on the car. If you ask me, running the car on a new tune without data logging, especially with your mods is taking a slight chance…Data log that bitch ASAP.

It has been logged to hell and back, tune isn't new. All he did was adjust the tire size from 26 to 28. The added traction, or lack of traction, or whatever messed with shift points. Doesn't change the rest of the tune which has been looked at plenty.

Flooring it with the converter doesn't really launch off idle, it flashes up to ~3600 and goes.

LCAs adjusted, working on the shift points, and will try foot braking next time. Sadly it will probably be next year at this point with the holidays coming up and a lot of travel I have.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
We always cut our best sixties by getting up on the converter. We've never had good luck flashing from idle/low rpm.

I've read you are more likely to break stuff stabbing it off idle in a converter car too.

With the oem stall my 60' was best by getting up on the converter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

2011/5.0

Reaction score
My 4c works best foot brakeing to1500-2000 before launch. But i dont look at the tach much i just stage then bring the rpm up by ear.

Back