11" Wheels all the way around?

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I saw some talk about running 11" wide wheels all the way around on an S197. 11" wide wheels require precise offsets to keep from rubbing basically everything, so I took the easy route (since my car is bagged) and went 20x10F and 20x11R.

My rear wheels are 20x11 +53mm. I wanted to see what they would look like up front, so before I mounted the tires I bolted one of the rear wheels onto the front. The 20x11 +53mm fit flat against the front rotor, but the back lip of the wheel just barely touched the strut. So in my opinion, you have two choices if you want to run 20x11 square:

1. +53mm rear and +47mm front. That would give an extra ~1/4" of clearance to the strut in the front.

2. +53mm all the way around, but run 1/4" spacers up front. This way you could rotate the tires front to rear. (this is the option I would choose if I wanted to run 20x11 square)

To help visualize, I'll attach three pictures. First is an angled shot of the rear wheel with the tire mounted and the car aired out onto the tires. Next is the rear wheel bolted onto the front brake. Finally there's a pic of the 20x11 rear wheel bolted onto the front, but at a sharp angle so you can see that there's room to come out (1/4" spacers) without poking out past the fenders.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Vorslag IIRC worked out 11s in the front.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Vorslag IIRC worked out 11s in the front.

I should have been more specific. I wasn't asking if it could be done. I really posted this thread for all of the other people asking if it could be done. I spent countless hours researching offsets when I ordered my Forgelines because you can order them in any offset you want. 11s in the front wasn't an option for me because you just can't do it on airbags. So the option I chose clears perfectly when the car is aired out, but at ride height, my front wheels look as if they would fit better at a lower offset. Such is the bagged life.

At any rate, curiosity got the best of me so I decided to bolt the 20x11 onto the front to see how it would fit. Based on my fitment, 20x11 +53mm square would be perfect for a static drop, set up for handling. [AS LONG AS YOU USE 1/4" SPACERS ON THE FRONT] That way you can rotate, for better tire wear.

Last edited:

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
I've been doing research on this. for an aggressive fitment. 11 +38 is perfect.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
are you also doing airbags? i am asking because when i do mine, i wanna sell all these extra wheels i have and get a proper set

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
Shared the car looks awesome. Thanks for the info. What size tire was on the rim that you test fitted up front? I'm about to run 295s all around but on a 10 with what I think was a 43 offset. Now I'm wishing I went 11"s lol.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Well now I'm wondering how these would look at all 4 corners.

http://www.treaddepot.com/wheel/tb0...zB3lx2STw8sxb_Hjmhe4ln4ZIMYM-S_H0QaArAF8P8HAQ

20x11 +50
Send me some spacers and I'll tell you. I did a quick test when I pulled mine off, tried to put a rear on the front with a couple of washers behind it (not bolting it down, just to see where it would hit first) and it hit the stud for the sway real quick.
The fronts I used are the 19x10.5 +45's, so it works out to being just under 12mm more room needed to fit without a spacer. I might grind that stud down and get a 10mm spacer to see if it will work.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
That looks good but LoL at Forgeline monoblocks wrapped in craptastic INVOs

What's the rear tire size, 305?

Thanks for the feedback. Some other guy was ripping on me on Forgeline's facebook page about the INVOs too. He actually insinuated that I'm too much of a tightwad to spend money on my car. He must not have paid too much attention to the car...

Anyway, as I told him, I intend to run R888s at Sebring in May, but if I had installed the R888s now, I would burn through them before the HPDE since the car sees a lot of street miles. I decided to throw some regular street tires on them just to get me by until may. I thought about NT05s but they were on backorder, so I just put the INVOs on there for now.

Which tires are you running on your Forgelines dontlifttoshift?

Shared the car looks awesome. Thanks for the info. What size tire was on the rim that you test fitted up front? I'm about to run 295s all around but on a 10 with what I think was a 43 offset. Now I'm wishing I went 11"s lol.

Thanks. When I test fit the 20x11 up front, it was without the tire mounted. I'm a little picky about the sidewall bulge... first, when the tires are wider than the wheels, to me it feels like it makes the car wiggly. (for lack of a better term) I can feel the car squishing around on the sidewalls, and I hate that. Second, I often see people squeeze these really nice (and expensive) super wide tires onto normal width rims, and then when you look at the tires, there is like an inch of tread on the inside and an inch of tread on the outside which isn't even touching the ground. (think 315s on a 10" rim) So this person has some great looking tires which aren't even touching the ground all the way across the tread surface. That drives me nuts.

I'm running 275s on my 10" fronts and 295s on my 11" rears. To me, that fitment squares off the shoulder of the tread nicely, without the tires appearing stretched onto the rims. Different people prefer different fitments, but this is what I like. :) Since the sidewalls don't stick out past the lip of the rims, 295s on 20x11s will definitely clear in the front. (as long as the car isn't bagged, like mine) I should mention, you can certainly go lower offset than I am recommending. (and it'll rub the fender like crazy if the car is low) But what I suggested will essentially center the tire between the fender lip and the strut.

DRock

Reaction score
Love the car Sharad!

Send me some spacers and I'll tell you. I did a quick test when I pulled mine off, tried to put a rear on the front with a couple of washers behind it (not bolting it down, just to see where it would hit first) and it hit the stud for the sway real quick.
The fronts I used are the 19x10.5 +45's, so it works out to being just under 12mm more room needed to fit without a spacer. I might grind that stud down and get a 10mm spacer to see if it will work.

For the record thats cause you have 19's. I have 10.5s up front and have loads of room inboard. Easily fit a 11 without touching a thing. The 20's clear over that bolt.
a 20x10.5 +40 clears everything except with the Brembo calipers on it hit those :/

SD_Stang

Reaction score
Sharad are you running coil overs up front? I know that would up your clearance a bit over a standard spring shock combo? Griggs Sells some 18x10.5 that fit a square setup. You could run a 305/315 tire on those front and rear. That's probably the best option without trying to really squeeze that extra half inch also you keep the rotation because the offset is the same.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Love the car Sharad!

For the record thats cause you have 19's. I have 10.5s up front and have loads of room inboard. Easily fit a 11 without touching a thing. The 20's clear over that bolt.
a 20x10.5 +40 clears everything except with the Brembo calipers on it hit those :/
The 20x11 hit the stud when I did a quick test fit in oct/nov area when I swapped to the greens for winter. In the spring, I will be sending my new tires to a friend's shop. Will likely try fitment up front with 305/30's with either spacer, grinding the stud, or both.

dontlifttoshift

forum member
Reaction score
Which tires are you running on your Forgelines dontlifttoshift?

I thought it was funny is all, didn't really expect you to be butthurt about it.

My reasonably priced 18"x11" Forgestars are wrapped in Rivals. I run them all the time because I would rather buy two sets of decent tires in a season than one set of place holders and have to mount and unmount tires to go to a trackday.

My Formula43s on the 65 Mustang are wrapped in Rivals as well. My truck has Bridgestones, the diesel truck has goodyears, the sonic is currently wearing Blizzaks, the Roadster is on equally craptastic BFG KDWs, the 71 Camaro is on walmart tires, I think. I should prolly sell all my cars and buy a set of Forgelines.

Like I said, the car looks good, the whole world knows that INVOs are average tires at best, I LOLed because in my mind a set of wheels that retails over 6K should have some decent rubber on it......even if you cost was under 4K.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back