2008 "tigermachine II" Bullitt Mustang build, Pics & Video on Post #518 ...

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Have you tried it with the 50 shot yet? With your tires I would wait until 3rd gear to activate it, curious to see what a difference it makes. I have thought about doing a 50 shot on mine, especially to get it out of the hole. You're almost going to halve to go to a DR, in the summer, to get any traction.

Earl,

You know me by now and I do post with legit replies if I can.
Buddy I don't think I will be messing with the NOS on the street for a very long time if ever.
With the 305 M/T street comps which are pretty darn big they don't come close to holding it's power level now.
So truthfully I doubt I'll be trying it or using it with current set-up.
I could sit here and act like I was going to go out and try it out but it would actually be a crock as I know I'm not going to.

I'll give you an example of it these days.
Well I'll try to with typing text so maybe I can get the jest of it across, maybe.
On the way back from my brother's last Saturday a pick-up truck loaded with a bunch of Good-Ole-Boys it looked like was passing us in the Bullitt on the interstate.
They were checking out the Mustang as they approached and going by and then once by they were hanging out the windows motioning me to Hit It !!!
Well it don't take all that much encouragement for me to do that to be honest. LOL !!!
So I push the gas down and it goes to 4th gear out of OD and then I hit it.
We instantly go to 3rd WOT and it breaks the rears loose.
I ease-up and it hits 4th in the blink of an eye and shakes the whole car as it does so and we have long since shot by them and hauling ass.
I get on the brakes to slow it back down to the 70 something and here they come in the far left fast lane.
They are going Crazy hanging out the windows (It's a 4-Door Diesel pick-up) yelling and waving their arms with the high-5 thing.

So being serious that got my attention and my buddies when it did that so that's why I say I don't see me jumping on the NOS.

It REVS Fastttttttttttttt

In the lower gears it goes Crazy-Wild and honestly I don't think a normal person could shift fast enough to keep up with it if it were still a manual tranny.

I'm not sitting here bragging or blowing smoke up anyone's butt just trying to give a legit reply.

The fact that it makes 1000 horse and gets 23 on the highway is amazing and what's even better is it passes the emissions testing and they have no clue what the car is capable of...and this is why I love America

Amen and pass the potatoes............

Haha, if you don't have them yet I'd put Carbu seats out of a 2013 Boss into it. Put raxum smoked halo headlights, foglights and 3rd Break light. That is all.
As for the 4:10 gears, I have a set of 3:73 to replace them. I want to eventually switch to a Boss Torsen Diff and when I do that the 3:73 gears will go in. I think that would help alot with the fuel mileage on the high way. Maybe some tune tweeking. Brenspeed tuned my car too. Actually I got loads of stuff I'll do to the car once I win the lottery :evil:

I have ran the Torsen differential in the past and also the bad boy alles & 4:10 gears.

I got rid of all that and had it replaced with a complete new Shelby GT 500 Rear-End-Assembly.
It has the 3:73 gears and they are low enough for sure with the power level of mine now.
If it had the 4:10 gears it would be insane to drive on the street in the lower gears IMO.

I'll be glad when you Win the Lottery so I can see & read all these changes you are going to make.

Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Guys a few things have taken place in the last few days.

1st off I did order and received from Matco their adjustable (Hood Prop Rod).
It is a necessity with my Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood.
The single factory prop rod only supports the left side of the hood facing the front-end.
This way the Matco also supports the right side so the hood is not twisting.
Not really a big issue unless the hood is going to be up for some long period of time.
And especially at like a Cruise In or Car Show in the Sun !!!

Another thing that just took place was the driveway sealing company came back Tuesday and completely resealed the driveway.
(The 1st time they did a few weeks ago they left and less than 2-hours it's pouring down)
It looks great and the weather forecast for this week is really low for rain.
So plenty of time for it to completely dry this time around.

Last thing that took place was me completely Detailing the Bullitt today.
I do mean all day guys.
I started this morning as soon as I got back from doing the 3-mile fast walking thing.
BTW, I set a new fastest time this morning for me doing the 3-miles.
I did it in 43.4 minutes.
icon_smile.gif

The Bullitt really turned out very well once completed.
I did the whole thing today from front to rear.
I figured might as well take advantage of the excellent low temperature and low humidity and besides that I can't drive on the freshly coated driveway until this Saturday.

Here are the pictures of the things I spoke of above.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry, that's why I say you will be going to some DR's for the rear. I personally think 600rwhp is the max HP for the street, that's why I keep mine tuned to that level and run 18 inch DR's in the summer months. With some good 18in DR's you can still hook fairly well, especially with my turbos. You are over 800rwhp with 20 inch street tires. I know the street comps have decent traction but they are not DR's and they are 20 inchers. You also have the TS where I have turbos and that makes it even worse. I know you have a lot of experience driving high HP cars on the street but nothing like this. You are going to have to be very careful because just a little blip of the throttle can get you all crossed up. I would really like to see you get a set of DR's and run them for your local driving. Then you can put the Street Comps on when you are going to take one of your trips.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Terry, that's why I say you will be going to some DR's for the rear. I personally think 600rwhp is the max HP for the street, that's why I keep mine tuned to that level and run 18 inch DR's in the summer months. With some good 18in DR's you can still hook fairly well, especially with my turbos. You are over 800rwhp with 20 inch street tires. I know the street comps have decent traction but they are not DR's and they are 20 inchers. You also have the TS where I have turbos and that makes it even worse. I know you have a lot of experience driving high HP cars on the street but nothing like this. You are going to have to be very careful because just a little blip of the throttle can get you all crossed up. I would really like to see you get a set of DR's and run them for your local driving. Then you can put the Street Comps on when you are going to take one of your trips.

Excellent advice. I can tell ya, with 726 rwhp running 325/45/17 M&H drag radials as my daily rear tires, things can still get scary pretty quick! I have to be real careful with outdoor temps and tire pressures. Days in the 80's I can run pressures around 32psi and be ok. Days in the 70's I have to bring them down to around 26 psi. All it took was one time...one time of throwing it up to third gear from 4th, nailing the throttle at 60mph to light the tires up. The torque from the Mammoth is instant and pretty violent. Luckily the car didn't drift at that speed. Since that day I make sure to check and adjust the tire pressures relative to the days temperature. Terry with your car over 800 rwhp be damn careful! I have yet to find any city street I can comfortably get my car to stick to.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Earl,

You know I am one of those Ole-School guys that believes in (Telling it Like it is).
I'm sure I am not running 800 rwhp.
That was just done for a Dyno Number.
It was also done using Race Fuel, 50-Shot NOS and (All out Race-Tune).
As the car sits and is driven it has a 93-Octane Tune on as you know pump gas.
So guys it is very strong but it ain't no 800 Plus RWHP fellows as I drive it.
Just sharing information fellows .............

Excellent advice. I can tell ya, with 726 rwhp running 325/45/17 M&H drag radials as my daily rear tires, things can still get scary pretty quick! I have to be real careful with outdoor temps and tire pressures. Days in the 80's I can run pressures around 32psi and be ok. Days in the 70's I have to bring them down to around 26 psi. All it took was one time...one time of throwing it up to third gear from 4th, nailing the throttle at 60mph to light the tires up. The torque from the Mammoth is instant and pretty violent. Luckily the car didn't drift at that speed. Since that day I make sure to check and adjust the tire pressures relative to the days temperature. Terry with your car over 800 rwhp be damn careful! I have yet to find any city street I can comfortably get my car to stick to.

Tim,

Your more than likely running more power in your tune than I am buddy.
Or certainly we are close on power that's for sure.
Either Mustang is a strong runner on the street IMO.

FYI: Murfreesboro Pike near the airport just got a fresh layer of asphalt. Just sayin'! It's also right next to my office.

Ryan,

Let me know when you see Tim over doing Burn-Outs in front of your office on that New Asphalt.

T.

Bulldog1964

Bobby
Reaction score
Earl,

You know me by now and I do post with legit replies if I can.
Buddy I don't think I will be messing with the NOS on the street for a very long time if ever.
With the 305 M/T street comps which are pretty darn big they don't come close to holding it's power level now.
So truthfully I doubt I'll be trying it or using it with current set-up.
I could sit here and act like I was going to go out and try it out but it would actually be a crock as I know I'm not going to.

I'll give you an example of it these days.
Well I'll try to with typing text so maybe I can get the jest of it across, maybe.
On the way back from my brother's last Saturday a pick-up truck loaded with a bunch of Good-Ole-Boys it looked like was passing us in the Bullitt on the interstate.
They were checking out the Mustang as they approached and going by and then once by they were hanging out the windows motioning me to Hit It !!!
Well it don't take all that much encouragement for me to do that to be honest. LOL !!!
So I push the gas down and it goes to 4th gear out of OD and then I hit it.
We instantly go to 3rd WOT and it breaks the rears loose.
I ease-up and it hits 4th in the blink of an eye and shakes the whole car as it does so and we have long since shot by them and hauling ass.
I get on the brakes to slow it back down to the 70 something and here they come in the far left fast lane.
They are going Crazy hanging out the windows (It's a 4-Door Diesel pick-up) yelling and waving their arms with the high-5 thing.

So being serious that got my attention and my buddies when it did that so that's why I say I don't see me jumping on the NOS.

It REVS Fastttttttttttttt

In the lower gears it goes Crazy-Wild and honestly I don't think a normal person could shift fast enough to keep up with it if it were still a manual tranny.

I'm not sitting here bragging or blowing smoke up anyone's butt just trying to give a legit reply.

Amen and pass the potatoes............

I have ran the Torsen differential in the past and also the bad boy alles & 4:10 gears.

I got rid of all that and had it replaced with a complete new Shelby GT 500 Rear-End-Assembly.
It has the 3:73 gears and they are low enough for sure with the power level of mine now.
If it had the 4:10 gears it would be insane to drive on the street in the lower gears IMO.

I'll be glad when you Win the Lottery so I can see & read all these changes you are going to make.

Terry

Guys here is what I posted on IMBOC about being in the passengers seat with Terry going to Frankfort KY to met up with Terry's brother!

Terry I hope that driveway can dry this time!

Well my experience riding in a 1000 HP car was amazing! Terry and I went to Norman's which is about 3 hrs from my house! The car simply starts and drives! Nothing crazy is going on! A/C is on, windows up and we're cruising! You can't hear rattles or nothing...no gear noise...just cruising. Then Terry hits and when I say hits I think maybe quarter to half throttle and the dang supercharger wakes up you hear the whine...tires hook (hopefully) and your gone.

Again cruising along and some guys in a truck are hanging out the window wanting to see it go! We're at 70 mph and Terry hits it again...well tires spin so he backs out for a second and goes again this time it hooks and were gone and I do mean gone! It takes the truck a mile to catch up!

This car is wicked...a normal guys who drives normal cars would be upside down in a ditch quickly! It is not a car to "test drive" for sure! I suggest you take a ride with Terry if given the chance!

I told Terry this is the best I have seen the car! Of all the trips we made to Indiana man this car is now complete! Brenspeed has made a dream car no doubt!

Well just wanted to post my experience riding in the passengers seat!

Bobby

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Guys here is what I posted on IMBOC about being in the passengers seat with Terry going to Frankfort KY to met up with Terry's brother!

Terry I hope that driveway can dry this time!

Well my experience riding in a 1000 HP car was amazing! Terry and I went to Norman's which is about 3 hrs from my house! The car simply starts and drives! Nothing crazy is going on! A/C is on, windows up and we're cruising! You can't hear rattles or nothing...no gear noise...just cruising. Then Terry hits and when I say hits I think maybe quarter to half throttle and the dang supercharger wakes up you hear the whine...tires hook (hopefully) and your gone.

Again cruising along and some guys in a truck are hanging out the window wanting to see it go! We're at 70 mph and Terry hits it again...well tires spin so he backs out for a second and goes again this time it hooks and were gone and I do mean gone! It takes the truck a mile to catch up!

This car is wicked...a normal guys who drives normal cars would be upside down in a ditch quickly! It is not a car to "test drive" for sure! I suggest you take a ride with Terry if given the chance!

I told Terry this is the best I have seen the car! Of all the trips we made to Indiana man this car is now complete! Brenspeed has made a dream car no doubt!

Well just wanted to post my experience riding in the passengers seat!

Bobby

Bobby,

We had a great time on that trip to my brother's house and back home.

Those guys in the pick-up were going Crazy for sure.

I was glad I made the Run by them after seeing how much they enjoyed it.

Terry

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I'm trying to envision what Roush side splitter's would look like under each rocker panel on your tiger machine. They are 3/8" thick, and give the illusion of the car being lower than it actually is.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to envision what Roush side splitter's would look like under each rocker panel on your tiger machine. They are 3/8" thick, and give the illusion of the car being lower than it actually is.

Jim,

I'm not familiar with those.

If someone that knows and uses Photoshop could probably show us what it would look like.

Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The ones shown are for 2010 and up. I don't know how well the would fit you car Terry.

Earl,

Well that ain't gonna happen then that's for sure.
Thanks for the Heads-Up !!!

I'm not going there anyway to be honest I like mine the way it is right now.
But for other guys I think they look okay if it were the correct ones for the S-197 body style.

BTW,

Earl did you know M/T has some New Tires out and they are replacing the older ET Street II's ?

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.php?item=ETStreetSS

I have been talking with my M/T Rep about them.
They are designed more for driving on the street and to control water dispersion.
They also have them in 305/35-20" size.

et_street_ss.jpg

Terry

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those are the ones I was saying you should go to for the summer months. I will be getting a pair of them when I wear out the II's I have now. They should be even better than the II's for the street.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those are the ones I was saying you should go to for the summer months. I will be getting a pair of them when I wear out the II's I have now. They should be even better than the II's for the street.

They seem to be a good tire for traction and also can be driven on the street in wet conditions.

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
So have you been out tearing it up to celebrate Labor Day with the car

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So have you been out tearing it up to celebrate Labor Day with the car
Hi James,

Well I have been out in it and putting miles on it since getting it back.
I think I have now driven it like 700 miles or so.
One of the interesting things is the MPG it can get at 70MPH with cruise set and No-A/C on.
It will get 23 MPG doing that on the interstate.
Who would have ever thought it could get that sort of mileage with the power it has.

And yes I have ran it some and it is a Bad-Boy Machine IMO.

I like it a lot this time and the driveability of it in traffic and then for it's new power.

It's easy to drive and then can turn Nasty in a Blink of the Eye if you jump on the Go-Pedal.

Terry

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
Terry that sounds awesome and 23 mpg unreal so I have just one question...will this make an appearance at ford Nationals at Carlisle next spring

Back