2011 GT500 HID swap

must007

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone have information on replacing the stock headlights on a 2010 or 11 GT with the 10 or 11 GT500 HID Headlights?? I have the GT500 headlights but having trouble finding the harness or pigtail for this headlight any help will be appreciated.

Last edited:

r.barn

forum member
Reaction score
You'll only get answers on GT500 stuff if you type in pink.

Airportguy770

forum member
Reaction score
If you can't find oem. Just find the bulb size and go with an aftermarket bulb and harness. Retro-solutions is a great company. I've used them before. They should have everything you need

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you can't find oem. Just find the bulb size and go with an aftermarket bulb and harness. Retro-solutions is a great company. I've used them before. They should have everything you need

Factory HID bulb is D3S. I've never seen an aftermarket kit that uses that bulb.

Ducky

Reaction score
Such a good sport
biggrin.gif

Last I heard, the factory HID's are self contained so the swap would be easy. However they cost $900/side (not pair).

chutoyy

forum member
Reaction score
Factory HIDs will require a different harness... The HID housing is 4-pin where the halogen housing is 3 pin... (Hi/Lo/Ground)

Second best bet is to find aftermarket AMP D3S bulbs and wire in your own ballasts to the halogen lights.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Such a good sport
biggrin.gif

Last I heard, the factory HID's are self contained so the swap would be easy. However they cost $900/side (not pair).

The bulbs can be purchased separately and are probably not included in that price. Bulbs are around $300 each.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back