2011+ Sticking clutch pedal fix

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
I don't see why the hydraulic clutch needs to be easier to push, it's cake already.

My hypothesis to this phenomenon is that Ford allowed a vagina to be employed in the pedal assembly design department. Therefore allowing someone to insert a spring assist... Ergo making it a less awesome design than the GT500 unit.
:highfive:

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
Oh god you gave Iceguy another reason to create a video.....lol

Lol hey gotta keep making videos! And considering there are actually some people out there who aren't on this forum to see it and it's a good quick fix for the issue, the easiest way for me to spread the word is to make a video. I've got over 1600 subscribers and almost 400 likes on fb, so why not help them out? I wish someone would have posted this several months ago so I could have known the easy fix lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
at least the coyote can bang second gear, unlike the gt500.

Drunk Racers

forum member
Reaction score
For those that have "clutch sticking" issues, I have a few questions....

Did the clutch stick under WOT or did you experience it during "normal" driving?

What symptoms / indications did you have with the clutch sticking?

I am asking because I am suspecting I am having a similar issue that could be caused by the spring. I have noticed sounds/vibrations that indicate the clutch (slave cylinder) is engaging slowly causing the clutch to chatter or slam (as if I dumped the clutch).

I am thinking it could be the assist spring is not allowing the pedal to come up as fast as my foot is engaging the clutch.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score

Did the clutch stick under WOT or did you experience it during "normal" driving?

I am asking because I am suspecting I am having a similar issue that could be caused by the spring. I have noticed sounds/vibrations that indicate the clutch (slave cylinder) is engaging slowly causing the clutch to chatter or slam (as if I dumped the clutch).

I am thinking it could be the assist spring is not allowing the pedal to come up as fast as my foot is engaging the clutch.

If you simply search "clutch pedal sticking" you will find the answer.

I noticed you have a V6, I don't think I've ever heard of the V6s having issues with sticking clutch pedals.

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score

Basically when driving the car hard, at high rpms (7k+) the clutch pedal will basically become almost fully depressed making it difficult to shift. There aren't really any increased sounds/vibrations or chattering of the clutch that I experienced.

I noticed you have a V6, I don't think I've ever heard of the V6s having issues with sticking clutch pedals.

Hmm good point I don't think I have either.

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
Quick update: Lots of hard pulls, and redline shifts, not a single stuck pedal. It's 100% fixed.

jukens

Reaction score
Just noticed a slight whirring noise coming from the transmission while in neutral that goes away when I press the clutch pedal in even the slightest it goes away. Almost as if the tob/slave cylinder is riding the fingers too lightly. Has anyone else experienced this after removing the helper spring?

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Just noticed a slight whirring noise coming from the transmission while in neutral that goes away when I press the clutch pedal in even the slightest it goes away. Almost as if the tob/slave cylinder is riding the fingers too lightly. Has anyone else experienced this after removing the helper spring?

Nope. Mine is quite as can be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

larry03gt

forum member
Reaction score
no sound comming from mine. Also did a few track runs and clutch worked perfect every time!

Geo2JZ

forum member
Reaction score
I can't wait to do this tomorrow. It's the only thing I don't like about the car.

302GT

forum member
Reaction score
After reading this I went out and yanked mine off. It now reminds me of my '04 Mach 1. Stiff and consistant. It's just too mushy with that spring on there. Will have to take it out when the kid isn't in there so I can really test it out.

cgibs89

Stickers add HP brah
Reaction score
I finally got around to doing this since I got my car back from the body shop. My dumbass forgot to pull the cruise control deactivation switch and broke all the plastic holding it in. Now it's gorilla taped in there. :lol:

As for the actually removal of the spring; It was easy. The outcome? Outstanding. I haven't been able to go too crazy as it's been misty/raining the past few days but even 75-80% throttle to 7k and the clutch doesn't even think twice about popping back. I love it.

GTOdude

Farming goats/ponies
Reaction score
That has got to be the most idiotic thing ive seen on this car (next to the sound tube). Im gonna pull mine out soon. I'll assume the clutch will have a much better feel to it..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back