2014 fusion navigation

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
This is a question for all the A/V gurus. I recently picked up a 2014 fusion that has myfordtouch but does not have navigation. Anyone know how to add aftermarket navigation to the touch screen? I saw MVI navigation but I didn't know what other options there are. Thanks in advance.

Byw here's a pic
6amu6ydu.jpg

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Short answer: You really can't add the navigation function to the MFT. Just use your phone or buy a tomtom/garmin for your GPS needs.

Each Ford VIN corresponds to whether the vehicle is equipped with it or not since Ford needs to pay the supplier for a license.

Now there is a tool known as the "Nav Unlocker Tool" , but it is VERY scarce and incredibly expensive.

Last edited:

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
there are some options out there, MVI has a piece you can install into the head unit and it uses Garmin gps with full touch screen capability. I just wasn't sure what options are out there and if I should attempt an install myself.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Ah, I stand corrected. Forgive me as I don't have my glasses and I completely missed the part where you are just asking to use the screen for navigation, and not trying to activate the MFT navigation.

The MVI kit I've heard good things - the aftermarket company we use for electronics on our customers cars have installed this kit on our both Fords and GM's we sell.

BlazinBoss302

forum member
Reaction score
Google on you-tube.. there is a how to that includes taking apart the dash and MFT and adding in the NAV

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
I saw that video, it looked complex... I'll turn wrenches on just about anything anywhere, but I don't like screwing around with electronics.

BlazinBoss302

forum member
Reaction score
I saw that video, it looked complex... I'll turn wrenches on just about anything anywhere, but I don't like screwing around with electronics.

i was gonna try it on my 2013 SE but then my wife said she wanted to upgrade to the Titanium which already had it

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back