2015 gt pp trans replacement already?

bossmanpena

Team OverDrive
Reaction score
have a 2015 mustang gt performance pack black

only about 4,000 miles

took car in for check on reverse camera not functioning to have them tell me that i need a new transmission!?

bossmanpena

Team OverDrive
Reaction score
well i mentioned to them i had been hearing a clunk passenger side while driving and wasnt sure what it was.. 3800 miles to be exact

Mustang Mark

forum member
Reaction score
My old man's '15 with the performance pack is grinding 2nd already under WOT with less than 900. Lol fucking Getrag.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
You're over reacting. They must be pretty stupid to say a in-op reverse camera calls for a transmission replacement. Take it to a different dealership.

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
I don't know how the MT82 works, but the reverse switch trigger that operates the camera is inside the tranny. Possible it's either A. not replaceable without a full tear down (something they don't wanna do, easier to drop and swap), or B, that switch as dislodged and caused damage to the internals. But definitely get a second opinion from another dealership!!!

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
I don't know how the MT82 works, but the reverse switch trigger that operates the camera is inside the tranny. Possible it's either A. not replaceable without a full tear down (something they don't wanna do, easier to drop and swap), or B, that switch as dislodged and caused damage to the internals. But definitely get a second opinion from another dealership!!!

Agree with this guy. Getting a 2nd opinion from another dealer doesn't hurt but a few hours of your time. That way you'll know for sure.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
If it's under warranty, which I'm sure it is, F' it. Let 'em give you a new trans.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Yeah, if the second dealership decides the easier fix is to pull it apart and replace one tiny part, you're going to have a trans that's been worked on by a questionable tech at best. I've had my car in for the rear end making noise enough times to know that a dealership will fuck your car up and not even give a shit.

bossmanpena

Team OverDrive
Reaction score
guys i think were misunderstanding here lol, i originally scheduled for them to check why my reverse camera wasnt coming on all the time. then part B. while waiting about a month into the appointment i started to hear the clunk noise and so had them check that as well its just crazy that at such low miles the trans already needs replacing

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
if it's under warranty let them replace whatever they want.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Not crazy at all. The MT82 is a hulking pile of garbage.

That's quite an overstatement. I've never had issues with either of the two MT-82 Mustangs I've had. They are smooth, have great gearing and are a lot more quite than the 05-10 manual transmission. Yes, they is some bad ones but one bad apple doesn't spoil the bunch. I think a lot of people just repeat shit about the MT-82 that have never owned one or have no idea what they're talking about.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
That's quite an overstatement. I've never had issues with either of the two MT-82 Mustangs I've had. They are smooth, have the worst fucking gearing ever devised and are a lot more quite than the 05-10 manual transmission.
Fixed^^^

Yes, they is some bad ones but one bad apple doesn't spoil the bunch. I think a lot of people just repeat shit about the MT-82 that have never owned one or have no idea what they're talking about.
I've owned two and driven a lot. They're garbage.:Chainsaw:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I own one and have 12,700 miles on the car. It has an internal clunk that has been present since about 3000 miles. I refuse to let any local stealerships touch the car so I'm tolerating it until I can afford to put a T56 Magnum in the car. It's a hulking piece of shit.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Fixed^^^

I've owned two and driven a lot. They're garbage.:Chainsaw:

Lol I'm talking about all the guys on FB who make it seem a lot worse than it really is. Gearing would also be subjective to what you are using the car for. I don't track my car, I find it to be a lot better gearing that the 3Vs I had for the street.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
My 3650 had great gearing. First was nice and low without being too low. I hate the Getrag gearing. If the shifter pattern were reversed I would use 1,3 and 5 because it's easier to pull the shifter into gear rather than push it. I dislike having to shift so much, I'm in 5th gear by the time I'm going 45mph.

The T56 is nice but 1st is too tall. I will need 4.10 gears for optimal gearing with the Tremec.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back