2015 Mustang GT gets a line lock as standard equipment!

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
Last edited:

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
I like how the circlejerk5 fanboys make it seem like GM won't do the same thing to their warranties... check out the title... LMAO

Advantage Camaro: Mustang Track Use Voids Warranty
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=354956

That is exactly what I love about FORD sales department and propaganda. Still when I made a remark in these forum I had one individual just flip because I drag race my car and complained about the MT-82 on these cars.

FORD wants to sell the car and I love mustang but it is wrong the way they just announce their features. First the dash strip app, now line lock, obviously all drag race but hell if you break your car then try to claim the warrantee.

I never had problems with the warrantee anyway but that is funny business.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
What happened with "if you run it and break it, you pay it"

So you people prefer they don't add any features to the cars, you prefer to have to pay extra for a line lock, do the install, bleed brakes, make holes in your interior for switches and all to do the same thing, if you break the car and remove the whole thing and put a warranty claim, isn't that cheating?

They sell a street car for street duty and warrantied for that, if you race it, and you break it, you pay for it. Who warranties race cars?

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lito what other reason does a street car need a line lock? If its factory then they should expect it to be used.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
And BTW, this feature costs zero dollars per car in parts and only some software implementation (which can cost more or less depending on how complicated it is) which is a single time charge on R&D, wouldn't you do it?

I think it was worthy just by the media buzz is causing and all the discussions.

I see it this way, sorry if that view is not shared, if I track my car, is my responsabilty and sincerely I don't see many cars breaking stuff for an environment controlled burnout.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
And BTW, this feature costs zero dollars per car in parts and only some software implementation (which can cost more or less depending on how complicated it is) which is a single time charge on R&D, wouldn't you do it?

I think it was worthy just by the media buzz is causing and all the discussions.

I see it this way, sorry if that view is not shared, if I track my car, is my responsabilty and sincerely I don't see many cars breaking stuff for an environment controlled burnout.

I was gonna say, isn't this just basically a different software coding on the ABS module?

All you'd have to do is lock out the rear brakes.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
I was gonna say, isn't this just basically a different software coding on the ABS module?

All you'd have to do is lock out the rear brakes.

It should be, ABS and the app running in the IC, probably something more and test it to be sure it doesn't bothers anything else.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
I agree, all those features are great specially for all of us that love it. It just bother me a little bit how they advertise the product. Who would we even dare to use it if we might break the car then no warrantee.

If I was to buy a new mustang with All those features and I was planing to drag race then I would be ready for when it break.

Also what about using slicks in the track at a test and tune with no other cars in the other lane then destroy the transmission or that new individual rear suspension and differential.

Thereaper

forum member
Reaction score
As long as I can abuse my car everyday like I normally do I will be happy. I Don't really need a linelock.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
This feature and the hill assist will make the stick or auto that much harder to make. I was all ready to go full on puss and get an auto.. but now... who knows.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back