2015 Nannies Off

JRL

Reaction score
I have heard different reports, some say you can turn everything off for autox/track work, some say the system will still interfere when driving hard.

Any feedback on this, looking at a 2015 trying to confirm how the traction/handling system really works.

Thanks,
John

Mark Aubele

forum member
Reaction score
I know on my '14, even with everything off, I have had the stability control turn itself back on. I had it turned off completely in the tune. Not sure if the '15 is the same or not.

Having AED turn it off solved my issues.

Last edited:

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if there were a "hard off" setting. Like other Mark, I experienced spontaneous turn-back-ons too. It usually occurred when transitioning between surfaces of varying quality while under full brakes or when the tires were doing any slip angle.

For example- there's a turn at Hallett here in Oklahoma where the surface goes from the the old concrete to the new asphalt. Attack it too hard, and TC goes back on.

Thinkkker

Reaction score
In the Performance Pack they notate that it is specially tuned for traction control. When they say that, I would say that without you will not be able to fully turn it off. With it, well its at least better....

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
I have driven a 2015 GT PP in an autocross. It was a base model with just Recaros, no toggle switches. Press and hold the TCS button and you'll get the "ADVANCE TRAC OFF!" Warning in the center information console where if you just press the button you'll get just a "Traction Control Off" button. Difference beign TC Off allows burnouts but jumps in to correct power slides... the other turns everything off as far as I could tell. That car was also insanely tail happy (lowered on Eibach springs and any time you looked at the throttle the tail was out) so I'm sure it would have kicked in had it been an issue.

I'll let you know when my 2015 GT PP gets here in a few weeks (hopefully next week).

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have driven a 2015 GT PP in an autocross. It was a base model with just Recaros, no toggle switches. Press and hold the TCS button and you'll get the "ADVANCE TRAC OFF!" Warning in the center information console where if you just press the button you'll get just a "Traction Control Off" button. Difference beign TC Off allows burnouts but jumps in to correct power slides... the other turns everything off as far as I could tell. That car was also insanely tail happy (lowered on Eibach springs and any time you looked at the throttle the tail was out) so I'm sure it would have kicked in had it been an issue.

I'll let you know when my 2015 GT PP gets here in a few weeks (hopefully next week).
This is how all the '11-14s are. You can disable traction control only, put it in Sport Mode (which lowers traction and stability control intervention) or completely disable both.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

JRL

Reaction score
Thanks for the info and responses, I appreciate it. Getting ready to order a 2016 GT PP.

claudermilk

Reaction score
I will second (third?) what Whiskey & Vince said.

My procedure in my '13 is hit the TC button to turn off traction control, then hold the brake & the button for 10 sec to get the "AdvanceTrac Off" message. I have not had anything turn back on until I shut off & re-fire the car. This is through many autocrosses & a couple of track days. I've spun it a couple of times autocrossing, and gotten the tail way out of shape many times in both venues--no nanny restart.

In my first runs autocrossing & tracking I've left the nannies on and it was pretty obvious when they stepped in. It's not subtle or gentle.

sailorrhett

Reaction score
I have only been out once, but with the nannies on I found the car undrivable. Once someone showed me the hold the brake and 8 secoind traction control method life was good.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
How is it not almost basic knowledge that TCS and AdvanceTrac operate different and that simply pushing the TCS button once doesn't disable AdvanceTrac?

Button pushed one time=TCS off, AdvanceTrac On
Brake on, push and hold button for over 5 seconds= TCS off and AdvanceTrac off

DPE

forum member
Reaction score
I spun my 2010 twice on track (once on power and once on a lift when trail braking a little too deep) and nothing ever came back on. I have not gotten too far out of shape in my 2014, but with everything on, TCS off and advance trac on, or 'Sport Mode', the car sucks to drive on track. It notably interferes. Turn everything totally off with the 5+ second button hold with your foot on the brake and with the car stationary, and it sure feels like it stays totally off to me.

REDS197

Reaction score
On the 15 you dont even have to hold the brakes. Push and hold for 10 seconds.

El_Tortuga

forum member
Reaction score
Pretty sure that coming back on is triggered by "ice mode". I.e. If you induce too much abs too fast, it thinks that you need help and turns itself back on. Arrgh

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back