2015 Power numbers

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
everyone knows ford under rates them from the factory. I think its silly to think they wouldn't do the same with the 2015. Everyone is all dissapointed that the number didn't go up 30 horse but they shouldn't be surprised at all.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
everyone knows ford under rates them from the factory. I think its silly to think they wouldn't do the same with the 2015. Everyone is all dissapointed that the number didn't go up 30 horse but they shouldn't be surprised at all.

Probably don't want another 99 cobra fiasco

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
They should have just went ahead with the DI. It's already prepared for it, so why keep delaying it?

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^ Correct, if you drag race.

Power is power. Still needs XXX amount of power to run XX.XX at the track. If the car had 300 HP, it wouldnt go 12's stock. ;)

It would if it weighed XXX pounds. :poke::beerdrink:

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They should have just went ahead with the DI. It's already prepared for it, so why keep delaying it?

That's simple. They meet the power/economy/emissons targets without the expense. So save the tech and use it when it becomes needed.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
A lot of the people who already have DI, on other platforms, claim they would rather not have it. Of course, it works better.....but apparently it is more of PITA than it is worth.

ridenfish39

forum member
Reaction score
A lot of the people who already have DI, on other platforms, claim they would rather not have it. Of course, it works better.....but apparently it is more of PITA than it is worth.
This^^^^
I had a Mazdaspeed 3 before this car. Intake valves get all gunked up in 30 k miles. You need to run meth from day 1 to keep them clean. Audis have the same issues.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
The DI is coming either way, now or later what's the difference? Can't be much more to convert it over,
when Ford is already running it in engines anyway. Oh well. I'm not
getting one any time soon, so doesn't really matter.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
According to the performance world (hobbyists) it sucks when you need more fuel than what the OEM DI system can provide.

In other words, gear heads looking for big power may not want that, due to the complication of upgrading. Just forwarding what I have seen from people with DI already.

I have heard the EcoBoost vehicles are restricted by it. Not sure if that is the truth, but you would think there would already be EB vehicles well into the 10's, everywhere.