2015 Power numbers

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Keeping up with our trends in people fat is all.
'merica.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Heavier and faster! A drag and road racer's dream. Just means it has more potential.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
It's definitely faster on the road course, according to Ford.

As for the drag strip, we shall see.

:)

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Someone im sure will find the weak point in the irs. Probably a half shaft.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
You know it!

The auto cars shouldn't have many issues until they really start pushing deep 9's.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
I don't think the pinion gear is going to be a weak point at any rate.
12-2015-Mustang-Powertrain-News.jpg

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Mmmmmm. That is sexy.

So, I wanna go ahead and throw this prediction out there.

I think, with bolt-ons and E85, this new engine has the potential for 520-530 rwhp. I am not saying everyone with make that #....but I bet there will be several people a year from now, making 500+rwhp with intake, exhaust, tune and fuel mods. ;)

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
The most powerful stock Coyote I know of, made 510rwhp. This was with the best fuel in the industry, very aggressive tuning, and lightweight rotating piece in the drive train.

I haven't seen any other Coyotes make 500+ with intake, tune and exhaust mods.

bjtheman1

forum member
Reaction score
I'm definitely intrigued by the upcoming ecoboost but of course leaning towards the GT. I'll wait a year though and see how they all do.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks like none of the exsisting aftermarket intake manifolds will work due to the lowered hood line and seems thats the primary reason the intake got redesigned and due to non optimal runner length they added charge motion valves.

I heard something about an aluminum carrier for the super 8.8 rear in the autos too.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
According to the performance world (hobbyists) it sucks when you need more fuel than what the OEM DI system can provide.

In other words, gear heads looking for big power may not want that, due to the complication of upgrading. Just forwarding what I have seen from people with DI already.

I have heard the EcoBoost vehicles are restricted by it. Not sure if that is the truth, but you would think there would already be EB vehicles well into the 10's, everywhere.

If the ecoboost vehicles didn't have to weigh close to 6500-7000 lbs they would be in the 10's. There are 12 second F150's despite the weight handicap. Imagine that in a mustang that's 2000-2500 lbs lighter. A tuned 3.5 EB mustang would FLY. A tune only Ecoboost vs a tune only 5.0 and my money is on the 6 cyl.

As for the DI being limited, well it is for now. If ford put that motor in the mustang I bet we would see a strong aftermarket for it. With that many possible customers somebody would step up and offer higher volume pumps and supporting mods. Also the diesel crowd doesn't seem to be lacking support.

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like none of the exsisting aftermarket intake manifolds will work due to the lowered hood line and seems thats the primary reason the intake got redesigned and due to non optimal runner length they added charge motion valves.

Wonder if you will need a hood with a pd blower then? Curious if they can stuff it under the stock one.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
It is just a matter of time before you'll see big numbers from the 3.5 EB. I know a guy who had a 600rwhp Ford Flex with the 3.5 Ecoboost. The DI fueling isn't figured out so he plumbed up an NA 3.5 manifold for port injection and used that with a stand alone controller to supplement the DI system. That was boost only with no meth, nitrous or other aids. He gave up on it because there is no way to beef up the Flex AWD system and it didn't like all the power!

A custom cam with an extra hump in the lobe that drives the high pressure fuel pump would give 25% more fueling with no other changes. There are companies working on aftermarket/modded stock HPFP's too for the ecoboost. The injectors will be the next roadblock, but those seem to have room to grow still.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Wonder if you will need a hood with a pd blower then? Curious if they can stuff it under the stock one.

I'm not certain but I do know that I saw the Whipple supercharger for the new 5.0 and IIRC it looked something like the magnuson supercharger.

Back