275/35/19 tires on stock Brembo/Track Pack wheel?

kcbrown

forum member
Reaction score
I have very limited experience here, but will put in $0.01 anyway (hey, it's a forum). I just ran the RE-11As the first time this weekend and was very impressed. Excellent grip, great breakaway & communication. They also showed amazingly good wear after a day of abuse at the track. The 280 wear-rated S-04s got beat up worse. I was running 275/40-18 (no, those are not listed anywhere online. However, they are on my wheels, so they do exist).

Are you comparing the wear on the rear or in the front?

The reason I ask is that, if I'm not mistaken, you recently got camber plates, springs, and Koni dampers, and that will certainly change how much the outside edges get eaten up in the front. But in the rear, I'd expect it to be a much more appropriate comparison.

I'm due for a new set of tires, so the RE-11s are an option. However, I'm not actually interested in getting much more grip than I already have. I suspect that a grippier tire will make the suspension less happy, that the reason my car feels reasonably neutral, responsive, etc., is largely because the grip of the tires falls within the design parameters of the suspension. For that reason alone, I may stick with the S-04 Pole Position tires I've been using. It doesn't hurt that they're about $220 each versus about $310 each for the RE-11s, so the RE-11s would have to last about 50% longer than the S-04s in order to be equal in value.

Lucky_13

forum member
Reaction score
If value's all you're going for, sure. I'd wager the RE-11s would provide far more enjoyment in a track environment, and I'd say that's worth a lot.

Rabee

Reaction score
I run bfgoodrich rivals (295/35-18): excellent dry performance & very predictable breakaway! Not necessarily the best in wet. Track tires.

Dunlop Direzza ZII: excellent dry performance, slightly snappier breakaway characteristics, but good in wet. You could literally feel and hear the expansion cracks on highway tarmac lol.

Potenza RE-11: very good dry performance, predictable breakaway, very good in wet and you get the bonus of being quieter.

For dual duty car, RE-11 might serve you better.

neema

forum member
Reaction score
pictures of 275/35/19 NT01s on stock brembos:

IMG_8946.jpg

IMG_8947.jpg

Mustang%2Brolling%2Bshot.jpg

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I run bfgoodrich rivals (295/35-18): excellent dry performance & very predictable breakaway! Not necessarily the best in wet. Track tires.

Dunlop Direzza ZII: excellent dry performance, slightly snappier breakaway characteristics, but good in wet. You could literally feel and hear the expansion cracks on highway tarmac lol.

Potenza RE-11: very good dry performance, predictable breakaway, very good in wet and you get the bonus of being quieter.

For dual duty car, RE-11 might serve you better.

Rivals in the wet was fun yesterday :D.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Are you comparing the wear on the rear or in the front?

The reason I ask is that, if I'm not mistaken, you recently got camber plates, springs, and Koni dampers, and that will certainly change how much the outside edges get eaten up in the front. But in the rear, I'd expect it to be a much more appropriate comparison.

I'm due for a new set of tires, so the RE-11s are an option. However, I'm not actually interested in getting much more grip than I already have. I suspect that a grippier tire will make the suspension less happy, that the reason my car feels reasonably neutral, responsive, etc., is largely because the grip of the tires falls within the design parameters of the suspension. For that reason alone, I may stick with the S-04 Pole Position tires I've been using. It doesn't hurt that they're about $220 each versus about $310 each for the RE-11s, so the RE-11s would have to last about 50% longer than the S-04s in order to be equal in value.
Yes, I looked at both front & rear. And, yes I have CC plates, Konis & springs. I ran the S-04's on that suspension for several autocrosses, and once at the track on OEM suspension. The S-04's survived a track day & autocross on OEM suspension, and autocross on the modified suspension much better than the Sport Comp-2's handled one autocross. I run at -2.75 deg camber for the autocross now and the previous statement still holds true.

I was actually amazed at the wear on the RE-11A's after the track day. Yes, they got worked a bit, but I was not pushing really hard; the first dry sessions were no-passing and I was both stuck behind slower cars and feeling the mods out, so still at 6/10-7/10. After that, it was wet, so I didn't hit the corners much harder. Even with that, I expected more wear indication that I see. Plus they produced much more grip than the S-04's did on track. I know in part it's from going from a squeezed 285 on a 9" wheel to a 275 slightly stretched on a 10" wheel. With what I see so far, I expect these RE-11As will last me a good while since are not my DD street setup.

I'd look at the RE-11As as an option for a dual-duty. For me, I had to specifically ask at the local America's Tire since they aren't listed anywhere online in the size I needed.

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a Nitto fan. It doesn't hurt that they are Mustang fans either. I run Nitto Invo's (275/35/19, 260 tread wear) w/ RTR 19x9.5 for street and HPDE's. Once I get myself secured to a seat, I plan to get Ford 18x9.5 rims and 275/40/18 NT01's.

NOOB (post 2)

Attachments

• Fiona - Front Quarter Panel (2).jpg
    Fiona - Front Quarter Panel (2).jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Fiona - Wheel.JPG
    Fiona - Wheel.JPG
    318.3 KB · Views: 9

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back