305/35-20 on 20x10 with a 40mm offset. Will it fit?

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
I'd bet that a lot of people who buy wheels wouldn't know what to look for in whatever such research might turn up, let alone know how to use it in their specific case.

Norm

Is not figuring out key words part of the process? Its far from hard..wheel, fitment, width, offset all or a combo of them will get you almost all what you need. From there you get ideas and expand upon them.

Once you trust your own ability to determine what fits or meets any other criteria you might have, it gets more difficult to not be that stubborn SOB. Your "solutions" tend to not be "mainstream", which puts the usual 9 to 5 sales guy at a disadvantage and on the defensive.

Norm

Are you saying not to go against the grain then? I personally could careless what the random sales guy tells me. 9 out of 10 times they go by a book of what is said to work and not to work. With them it comes down to order what I want if it dont work sucks for me. I also tend to not buy local on things like wheels.

With that said if the sales guy is also say with the manufacturer or a race shop or a race team I absolutely want to hear what they have to say and consider it carefully. Even then the fact is I have a good handle on wheel fitment so even with advice of people that ARE good I still cut my own path. I think people get too scared to try something different. Going back to purchasing I geneally buy from sources that know a thing or two about wheel fitment so instead of fighting with joe blow know nothing I work with people that also know wheel fitment. It makes things a touch easier not having to explain why I am doing something.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Is not figuring out key words part of the process? Its far from hard..wheel, fitment, width, offset all or a combo of them will get you almost all what you need. From there you get ideas and expand upon them.
I agree that it isn't hard - at least it isn't when you've got some idea what you're looking for and what to do with it when you find it. But in my experience, the average person doesn't even know where to start without somebody at least nudging them in the right direction. With only a few exceptions, even the engineers I worked with over my whole career still fell into that category.

Are you saying not to go against the grain then?
Not at all. Once you trust your ability to understand what's going on it gets easy to be that stubborn SOB. Maybe harder not to be.

Norm

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I agree that it isn't hard - at least it isn't when you've got some idea what you're looking for and what to do with it when you find it. But in my experience, the average person doesn't even know where to start without somebody at least nudging them in the right direction. With only a few exceptions, even the engineers I worked with over my whole career still fell into that category.

Not at all. Once you trust your ability to understand what's going on it gets easy to be that stubborn SOB. Maybe harder not to be.

Norm

Hi Norm,

I can tell you that not even a tire manufacturer always has the information we might need for fitment.

Just to many variables ........

I have had all kinds of wheels and tires over the years and I don't even have what it takes in some cases to make a correct decision on a given wheel & tire fitment.

It's not as easy as some people think.

Thanks for your comments on this topic.

Terry aka "tigerhonaker"

white95

boost or bust
Reaction score
Since we're already off topic, I'll contribute to the thread jack delinquency:

C1981B82-D0ED-41FD-BCF9-881C1D7BE8B7_zpsdxsvbcb4.jpg

366362BC-045F-4A58-98D4-61AC7A5E8D2F_zpsfrlbzbcl.jpg

Ok, here is a ride (bigpappy33 on modded mustangs) I found rolling on 20x8.5" and 20x10" wheels with 255/35r20 & 315/35r20 tires respectively. IIRC, don't Nittos run a bit narrower than their competition? They don't seem to bulge much and I'm going with this setup although I might opt for a bit more sidewall up front :hi: The car above also has Steeda Sport springs, same setup I have...

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Since we're already off topic, I'll contribute to the thread jack delinquency:

C1981B82-D0ED-41FD-BCF9-881C1D7BE8B7_zpsdxsvbcb4.jpg

366362BC-045F-4A58-98D4-61AC7A5E8D2F_zpsfrlbzbcl.jpg

Ok, here is a ride (bigpappy33 on modded mustangs) I found rolling on 20x8.5" and 20x10" wheels with 255/35r20 & 315/35r20 tires respectively. IIRC, don't Nittos run a bit narrower than their competition? They don't seem to bulge much and I'm going with this setup although I might opt for a bit more sidewall up front :hi: The car above also has Steeda Sport springs, same setup I have...

That is Bad-Ass looking for sure.

You might consider going with 275/35-20's up front.

I'm waiting for the 305/35-20's from M/T to come out in a few months.
Then hopefully if it works out running the M/T 275/35-20 Front, 305/35-20's Rear.

Terry

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back