3rd Gneration MGW shifter pics and details >>>

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I loved my MGW shifter. Getting rid of it was my biggest regret when I upgraded to the T56 transmission. But on a positive note it took about 3 hours to sell it here on the forum.

Also a shout out for George and his crew, with some of the best customer service of any company I've had the pleasure of dealing with. When my transmission guy wrecked the rubber seal on my shifter last year, MGW sent me out a replacement part the same day for no charge. You guys rock and I wish you continued success and good fortune.

KevDon92

forum member
Reaction score
I definitely think reverse is harder to find on mine, but I put up with it due to the awesomeness in every other aspect!

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Do I get a discount if I send you my pro 5.0 =-).. Mines been a pita for years. doing some suspension things helped, but I hate 1st and 5th.. cant tell if its the shifter or clutch..

what price range we taking aboot

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Do I get a discount if I send you my pro 5.0 =-).. Mines been a pita for years. doing some suspension things helped, but I hate 1st and 5th.. cant tell if its the shifter or clutch..

what price range we taking aboot

the price of the shifter is 260.00 . it MAY go up sometime to 270 due to the cost of the gold bracket difference but for now same price.

george

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
That sucks I just bought mine over the winter and its old version.

the new gold bracket is really the biggest improvement and it retrofits to your shifter.

i know it sucks to buy something and find it changed but we only made 3 generations in the 8 years we have had these so not too bad.

george

Reza

Reaction score
Ordered. I've been looking at shifters the past few weeks, this sealed the deal.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
George , I'll be ordering mine first of next week. so good talking to you and thanks for the info over the phone.
James

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
If you have an axle exchange 4" driveshaft, the mgw cannot be turned more than 1.5 turns out without hitting the driveshaft.

This was confirmed by George.

I love my mgw, but lost the adjustability because of the driveshaft.

Sent from my EVO

tripwyr71

forum member
Reaction score
Too bad for the ones of us that already have a 2nd gen cant get the updated parts for a price :) or maybe a trade in

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
im pretty sure you can get just the bracket. he didnt say how much yet.

yes the new gold bracket is 39 with BOTH inserts. if you only want the street ( quieter) insert then its 34.00.

george

Kobie

forum member
Reaction score
the new gold bracket is really the biggest improvement and it retrofits to your shifter.

george

Can you elaborate on this? How is the gold bracket different than the one that came with my gen 1 and what makes it "better"? If it is a significant improvement then I am in!!

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on this? How is the gold bracket different than the one that came with my gen 1 and what makes it "better"? If it is a significant improvement then I am in!!

we always seem to go more to the PERFORMANCE end of the spectrum when engineering our shifters.

some people do not need the shifter SOOO firm and solid for the sake of NVH. the new gold bracket uses a much larger rubber pillar block for the internals which softens the rear mount making the shifter quieter.

it also has a harder "track" bushing that firms it back up to even a little tighter than the standard bracket on your car.

george

OneQwkStang

Improving the Breed
Reaction score
I will take the street quieter upgrade, how much is shipping to 48207? Any instructions to retrofit this to my current shifter?

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
i will take the street quieter upgrade, how much is shipping to 48207? Any instructions to retrofit this to my current shifter?

give me a call monday 706-793-1770/ the install is basically identical to mounting the original black bracket.

George

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
I can't wait to order mine, the stocker is so clunky and it's only getting worse.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back