4.6 intercepter?

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
i was just wondering if there was such a thing as a 4.6 intercepter engine? when i got the frontend aligned today a guy comes up to me and starts talking about my car. then he comes off with the "you know what you need" shit. he said his son had a 4.6 intercepter engine in his garage. im new to fords but i figured it was bullshit.

downtime!

IAMKONABLUE
Reaction score
I believe the Crown Vics had the "Interceptor" 4.6, but my guess it was just a badge, maybe some heavy duty bits, but no real power advantage.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
The 4.6 Interceptor was the meanest 4.6 ever made. They made 1000 crank hp N/A with all forged internals, fog light delete and the blue thing delete. They only came in the Special Edition Police Interceptors......

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
Edit: nvm..... go with what he said ^^

"Interceptor" isn't as bad ass as it sounds. 2002/03 crown vics used my police stations use a 2v 4.6. They have about 240 hp, just like the gt's of the same year. Some of them might have extra oil coolers for extended use, but it depends on what the department ordered. So, the guy wasn't totally full of crap, but he was blowing smoke up your ass if he was telling you that to brag about anything.

Last edited:

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
The 4.6 Interceptor was the meanest 4.6 ever made. They made 1000 crank hp N/A with all forged internals, fog light delete and the blue thing delete. They only came in the Special Edition Police Interceptors......

well shit i already have the blue thing delete

Yellowneck86

Reaction score
lol, I have a 2001 Crown Vic Police Interceptor. I get the same questions like; does it got the cop chip? does it got the cop motor and suspension? Are you going to put in a light bar and sirens? As said above; the CVPI has a 4.6L 2V. They are tuned differently than a base P73 and a P74 LX. The P71 has a stiffer suspension compared to a base model. The body on frame designed panther platform weighed close to 4000 lbs. I like to read the comments on Crownvic.net on how happy some CV owners are when they can run 15 seconds on the 1/4 mile with their current engine mods.

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
lol, I have a 2001 Crown Vic Police Interceptor. I get the same questions like; does it got the cop chip? does it got the cop motor and suspension? Are you going to put in a light bar and sirens? As said above; the CVPI has a 4.6L 2V. They are tuned differently than a base P73 and a P74 LX. The P71 has a stiffer suspension compared to a base model. The body on frame designed panther platform weighed close to 4000 lbs. I like to read the comments on Crownvic.net on how happy some CV owners are when they can run 15 seconds on the 1/4 mile with their current engine mods.

How is it not having to deal with traffic? In the past, I've considered getting one just for that reason.

Yellowneck86

Reaction score
There are people that do move over/drive like they're taking a DMV test/tweek out just by seeing my headlights in their rear view mirror. Then there are people who don't pay attention at all; until the last minute when they slam on their brakes when I pass ahead of them.
8CE46373-C359-4067-89B1-20D6DF5B16C3-202-000000210935BA86.jpg

I like to say my Vic puts the "trol" in patrol :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back