400whp NA 3V build

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
I wonder what the spread would be if we had electric power steering? Everyone forgets that little detail. IMO the steering, heads, and 21 inches of extra displacement are hard to overcome with a stock 3v.

Wasn't someone trying to put an electronic PS on a 3v car? I thought I had read that somewhere. Wonder if they ever go that done.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Wasn't someone trying to put an electronic PS on a 3v car? I thought I had read that somewhere. Wonder if they ever go that done.

Yes. A few months ago someone was just about to do it. They had the parts and were doing it over the weekend or something like that. Never heard about it again.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
Where were the cams locked at?

Straight up/full advance?

Or did you guys retard them some?

I'm tearing my hair out (well I would be if I had some) trying to figure out where I want to lock some 550's. Your graph looks pretty good, I'm looking for something like that.

They were locked advanced. We certainly could pick up some power at the peak by retarding them some.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
They were locked advanced. We certainly could pick up some power at the peak by retarding them some.

They look pretty good for being fully advanced. Looks like they are flattening out around 6500rpm. Of course that could be something else making it flatten out. Intake, TB, CAI, exhaust, etc.

If you guys decide to retard them a little and shoot for 7000-7500rpm I would love to see the results.

It’s too bad that no one (as far as I know) makes reliable adjustable cam sprockets for the 3v. It would be pretty easy to change the timing and get it back on the dyno for testing if the front cover didn’t need to be removed.

TurboX

Formally Buzz Lightyear
Reaction score

It’s too bad that no one (as far as I know) makes reliable adjustable cam sprockets for the 3v. It would be pretty easy to change the timing and get it back on the dyno for testing if the front cover didn’t need to be removed.

Amen !!!!!!!!!!!

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Mike I have 40 hours into these @ 100 $ pr hour.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
my eye just fucking started twitching reading that and realizing how expensive that is.................

fuck that noise, id rather just go FI

NotaHybrid

I'm slow
Reaction score
This thread quickly turned me away from ever wanting to make a full n/a car :lol: Throw a vortech on and be happy.

Sent from my helicopter

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
This thread quickly turned me away from ever wanting to make a full n/a car :lol: Throw a vortech on and be happy.

Sent from my helicopter
agreed, building a motor that can put out high HP numbers by just porting/stroking/etc etc is pretty damn impressive and always fun to see, but for my $ I'd just toss a SC/Turbo on and be happy with it because holy damn that machine work gets expensive

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Numbers are awesome!

Why would he just not go say rgr stage 3 heads or something like that. There can't be any way he paid you guys 4k to port those heads.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Oh fuck that. Lol

my eye just fucking started twitching reading that and realizing how expensive that is.................

fuck that noise, id rather just go FI

agreed, building a motor that can put out high HP numbers by just porting/stroking/etc etc is pretty damn impressive and always fun to see, but for my $ I'd just toss a SC/Turbo on and be happy with it because holy damn that machine work gets expensive

Buuuuuut, in theory if you put 15psi to this motor in the future you are looking at about 800rwhp on pump gas.

That is of course if the blower can keep up. And not many will be able to do that.

MindIfISmoke?

Wrecking Crew
Reaction score
Numbers are awesome!

Why would he just not go say rgr stage 3 heads or something like that. There can't be any way he paid you guys 4k to port those heads.

He is an employee hell no we didnt charge him that. It was also a test set for some new porting styles. Im sure it would be less then 16 hours labor for a customer.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
I hope he goes back to FI with his build I'd like to see what this motor can do. Maybe it would give me more hope when it's time for me to do mine.

<--- Turning over 130K :mad2:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
If I really wanted to (which I don't have a great need to) I would just go FI lol.
Way too much money trying to chase high power numbers on my lil baby v8 engine.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back