5.0 manual, E85, BOSS intake, and small dry nitrous shot??

RSKtakR

Reaction score
So on this BAP I have.. there is a vacume/presure switch, there really isnt any vacume hoses that I see other then the hose going to the purge solenoid, and the line going to the power brakes, but those hoses are lots bigger then the hose for this presure switch. Do I REALLY need to run this switch or cant I just tie the red and black wires coming out of the BAP for it together? Will this shorten the life of my pump? Or does anyone know of a smaller vacume hose anywhere?

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
100 shot.

ac353af2.jpg

The lower powered curve is NA.

hightechrdn

forum member
Reaction score
100 shot.

ac353af2.jpg

The lower powered curve is NA.

Why did you stop the pulls at 7000rpm? It doesn't look like you are still running the factory intake, since you don't have the dip in power at 6800rpm, but then again I don't see a Boss intake in your signature.

Great numbers by the way, 480 HP NA is an awesome pull without the 100 shot!

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
Why did you stop the pulls at 7000rpm? It doesn't look like you are still running the factory intake, since you don't have the dip in power at 6800rpm, but then again I don't see a Boss intake in your signature.

Great numbers by the way, 480 HP NA is an awesome pull without the 100 shot!

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

I do have a Boss intake. As to why the pull was stopped at that RPM, I do not know. I left the car at the tuner and had asked him to pull to at least 7500 rpm!

Thanks by the way!

Neal@

forum member
Reaction score
I do have a Boss intake. As to why the pull was stopped at that RPM, I do not know. I left the car at the tuner and had asked him to pull to at least 7500 rpm!

Thanks by the way!

Agh man I'm sure you would have pushed that 600 easy with that extra 300 rpm!

KPatrone

Reaction score
Is anyone in the midwest doing e85 conversions on the new 5.0? I know a lot of evos and STIs are doing this.

Neal@

forum member
Reaction score
i know some places here in texas that have done it. Nothing to crazy. I am sure that someone can chime in. Where are you located??

wbt

forum member
Reaction score

Thanks by the way!

Bigger question, have you taken it to the track? I don't put much faith into dyno numbers personally.

KPatrone

Reaction score
Chicagoland. Im willing to drive to get it done right, just hoping not to have to go more than 4-500 miles

onebadgsx

Reaction score
All that is needed is 47lbs injectors and a e85 tune. Nothing else special. If you have a blower, turbo or n2o, you will need bigger fuel pumps and injectors.

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
Bigger question, have you taken it to the track? I don't put much faith into dyno numbers personally.

Picked up the car Friday and had to fly out Monday for work. Hopefully I'll be back and test it in about two weeks. I hope I can get a full clean pass out of it as I still have mostly stock drivetrain.

KPatrone

Reaction score
All that is needed is 47lbs injectors and a e85 tune. Nothing else special. If you have a blower, turbo or n2o, you will need bigger fuel pumps and injectors.

A dynotune and tuner probably best for this application with a power adder, correct? Could a lethal, bama, etc mail order be trusted or wanted? If not then it becomes the task of finding somewhere close that has tuned these cars before...

sixohtofiveoh

forum member
Reaction score
I need to get a nano system, fuel upgrades, and follow in your footsteps. The plate kit works awesome on my car right now with the stock fuel system, I sprayed out of the hole Friday night and cut a 1.63 60' on 325 Mickeys.. That was with a full tank of 93, and stock suspension. Just something you have to look forward to.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back