5.0 manual, E85, BOSS intake, and small dry nitrous shot??

DSargent09

Get iT!
Reaction score
What you gain is confidence that you are getting the exact right amount of nitrous and fuel in each cylinder. We recommend that if you are going to be spraying large amounts of nitrous (over 250) a lot that the direct port is the best way to go to make sure that every cylinder is getting the correct amount of fuel and nitrous. If you are staying in the lower shot then a direct port can be a little over shooting it even though technically it is safer.

We have some guys that are spraying 300-350 on our plate no problems but they took the time to pull spark plugs and read them to get to that amount. They did the necessary time tuning and dialing the car in to make sure that it was safe. They also didn't jump right in a put a 350 shot in it. They worked the way up checking it every shot they went with.

The boss set up just depends on if you already have a manifold and what kind of direct port you want to do. (2 solenoid, 4 solenoid, distribution blocks or rails) Ill pm you and give you a ball park.

So would you say a 125 shot is "Safe" on a stock coyote, and what kit/setup would you recommend

RSKtakR

Reaction score
Also would a 100-125 wet shot be safe with e85 as far the limits of the stock fuel pump and injectors? Should I swap some 47lbs or 60lbs in with a BAP? Car doesn't have headers, just the o/r x-pipe, JLT cai, and Boss intake.

Last edited:

Neal@

forum member
Reaction score
So would you say a 125 shot is "Safe" on a stock coyote, and what kit/setup would you recommend

125 is definitely safe. If you were staying in the 125-150 a plate or nozzle would be great for that setup.

Also would a 100-125 wet shot be safe with e85 as far the limits of the stock fuel pump and injectors? Should I swap some 47lbs or 60lbs in with a BAP? Car doesn't have headers, just the o/r x-pipe, JLT cai, and Boss intake.

E85 is a different beast all together. Depending on what the stock pump is good for is what would be safe on that setup. The stock pump is good for what 500 whp. Im pretty sure that a boost a pump would be needed to run E85 and 100-125 just because the pump would already be working harder to supply the motor with fuel. Then when you have the pull of nitrous off the fuel system you might run into a lean spike on the spray with stock pump. You wouldnt need to up injectors on the motor for any shot unless your running a dry kit. Now if you needed more fuel on motor then you might have to replace injectors.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
125 is definitely safe. If you were staying in the 125-150 a plate or nozzle would be great for that setup.

E85 is a different beast all together. Depending on what the stock pump is good for is what would be safe on that setup. The stock pump is good for what 500 whp. Im pretty sure that a boost a pump would be needed to run E85 and 100-125 just because the pump would already be working harder to supply the motor with fuel. Then when you have the pull of nitrous off the fuel system you might run into a lean spike on the spray with stock pump. You wouldnt need to up injectors on the motor for any shot unless your running a dry kit. Now if you needed more fuel on motor then you might have to replace injectors.

So I should be fine w/ just a BAP for the corn and the 100-125 shot and probably not have to worry about bigger injectors for now you think?

DSargent09

Get iT!
Reaction score

Can you link me to the best system for me lol. Current mods are CAI, exhaust, tune... And how difficult is the install, I have rebuilt a motor with good directions, will this kit be really straight forward..? I just want a kit that is virtually garenteed safe.

Neal@

forum member
Reaction score
So I should be fine w/ just a BAP for the corn and the 100-125 shot and probably not have to worry about bigger injectors for now you think?

Yeah you should be ok. I would first do a E85 tune on the dyno to see what your injector and fuel pump duty is. Then move into the nitrous. I would assume that your injectors would be ok on all motor and E85 with your mods. I'm pretty sure you are going to have to go with another pump or BAP to supply enough E85 with nitrous.

Don't forget that jetting has to be changed for jetting on the E85

RSKtakR

Reaction score
Yeah you should be ok. I would first do a E85 tune on the dyno to see what your injector and fuel pump duty is. Then move into the nitrous. I would assume that your injectors would be ok on all motor and E85 with your mods. I'm pretty sure you are going to have to go with another pump or BAP to supply enough E85 with nitrous.

Don't forget that jetting has to be changed for jetting on the E85

The car was going to get tuned on the E85 N/A then I just wanted the nitrous hit afterwards to make sure the AFR's were still ok. Im not hell bent on a 125 shot vs the 100 shot. I wasnt planning on putting a BAP or bigger injectors on. I would like to get everything on that I need on before the tune so that it only has to be tuned once. I think I will put a BAP on atleast and just have turned all the way down until then just incase.

and yep I allready have the jetting changed for the corn.

Last edited:

Neal@

forum member
Reaction score
The car was going to get tuned on the E85 N/A then I just wanted the nitrous hit afterwards to make sure the AFR's were still ok. Im not hell bent on a 125 shot vs the 100 shot. I wasnt planning on putting a BAP or bigger injectors on. I would like to get everything on that I need on before the tune so that it only has to be tuned once. I think I will put a BAP on atleast and just have turned all the way down until then just incase.

and yep I allready have the jetting changed for the corn.

Sweet that is going to be a awesome set up. You might have to have a pull on stock injectors to make sure they will support motor on E85. (which they should) If they do support fuel consumption on motor+ then there would be no reason to spend money on injectors.

Neal@

forum member
Reaction score
Can you link me to the best system for me lol. Current mods are CAI, exhaust, tune... And how difficult is the install, I have rebuilt a motor with good directions, will this kit be really straight forward..? I just want a kit that is virtually garenteed safe.

I PM'ed you a detailed quote for a plate kit with links so you can see all the parts. Hope this helps you out.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
Sweet that is going to be a awesome set up. You might have to have a pull on stock injectors to make sure they will support motor on E85. (which they should) If they do support fuel consumption on motor+ then there would be no reason to spend money on injectors.

I have run E85 for over 3k miles w/ the stock fuel system and a CAI or a K&N drop in on motor, but not with the Boss intake on motor, so that is what it is getting tuned for, and then with the spray on top of that. Im buying a new BAP today I think, and hope the stock injectors can support the E85 AND the spray.

Neal@

forum member
Reaction score
I have run E85 for over 3k miles w/ the stock fuel system and a CAI or a K&N drop in on motor, but not with the Boss intake on motor, so that is what it is getting tuned for, and then with the spray on top of that. Im buying a new BAP today I think, and hope the stock injectors can support the E85 AND the spray.

Then you should be good. The boss intake should require the use of much more fuel. Injectors will not be needed for the 125 jet if you are ok on fuel with the Boss manifold, that is because the fuel for the nitrous system is provided by the fuel solenoid off the fuel line. The injectors don't have to spray more fuel for the shot being that the fuel is coming in at the plate/nozzle. That is the only reason I am saying you will prob need a BAP.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
Then you should be good. The boss intake should require the use of much more fuel. Injectors will not be needed for the 125 jet if you are ok on fuel with the Boss manifold, that is because the fuel for the nitrous system is provided by the fuel solenoid off the fuel line. The injectors don't have to spray more fuel for the shot being that the fuel is coming in at the plate/nozzle. That is the only reason I am saying you will prob need a BAP.

Well Im ok on gasoline w/ the Boss manifold, I would also be ok on E85 w/ the Boss manifold, my original E85 tuner told me that I could run the Boss manifold and the corn and not have a fuel issue, but said that I would run into a fuel issue if I put LT's on w/ the Boss manifold (and my other mods) and would need to put bigger injectors in. I think it will be ok on the corn w/ all my mods and the spray as long as I put a BAP on. So I just bought a brand new one from KB lol.. think I will hold off on injectors until after it gets tuned, if I even need them.

Last edited:

Neal@

forum member
Reaction score
Well Im ok on gasoline w/ the Boss manifold, I would also be ok on E85 w/ the Boss manifold, my original E85 tuner told me that I could run the Boss manifold and the corn and not have a fuel issue, but said that I would run into a fuel issue if I put LT's on w/ the Boss manifold (and my other mods) and would need to put bigger injectors in. I think it will be ok on the corn w/ all my mods and the spray as long as I put a BAP on. So I just bought a brand new one from KB lol.. think I will hold off on injectors until after it gets tuned, if I even need them.

I was wondering how far the stock injectors would go on corn power wise.. Thanks for the heads up on that info. yeah that would definitely be a good idea on holding off until you are absolutely sure you need the injectors. no need to replace things that don't need to be done. Unless you are at that 95% duty cycle, then I would probably go ahead and replace them to have that added cushion.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
On e85 N/A running a full exhaust and intake mods, you will need to move to 47# injectors. The stockers will run out of steam up top. We were seeing max duty cycle+.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
On e85 N/A running a full exhaust and intake mods, you will need to move to 47# injectors. The stockers will run out of steam up top. We were seeing max duty cycle+.

Im still running the stock ex manifolds, w/ a o/r x-pipe, but you are saying the samething I have been hearing to about getting bigger injectors when LT's are being used w/ E85. I MIGHT go ahead and get a set of 47's from a friends gt500 and just change my spacer length on my Boss manifold, or I know another guy that is selling a set of the same gt500 style 47's. I ordered a new 40amp BAP for a N/A 5.0 w/ nitrous yesterday from KB. Curious how it will hook up though since its for a NA setup, it gets wired up to run constantly wont it?

McClane

forum member
Reaction score
They are always wired to be on constantly as long as the key is on. All it does is keep the voltage to the pump at a specific voltage and help prevent voltage drop when vehicles charging system is under high load.

onebadgsx

Reaction score
with stock pump and e85, you should only be running a 50 shot. a bap with wiring upgrade will allow you to run 100 shot. you will need a dual or triple pump upgrade to run a 150 shot.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back