5.0 manual, E85, BOSS intake, and small dry nitrous shot??

RSKtakR

Reaction score
with stock pump and e85, you should only be running a 50 shot. a bap with wiring upgrade will allow you to run 100 shot. you will need a dual or triple pump upgrade to run a 150 shot.

"wiring upgrade" ? ? I was jk about the 150 shot, Im good w/ the 100-125 shot for now.

Neal@

forum member
Reaction score
"wiring upgrade" ? ? I was jk about the 150 shot, Im good w/ the 100-125 shot for now.

I would assume that they are talking about upgrading power wiring to the pumps or maybe the BAP. I upgraded the wiring on my GT500 dual pumps with 6 or 4 AGW wiring. It will carry more amperage and will not see the voltage drop that smaller wire will have thus keeping your power level more consistent and allow you to have more fuel up top. You can wire it straight to the fuse box or the alternator to make sure your voltage does not fluctuate like it will when traveling thru the wiring on the car.

onebadgsx

Reaction score
exactly, you can run a 6 ga or 4 ga power wire to the pump, using a relay, real simple. do a search on it. said to be good for 10 % more fuel up top.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
ok so I did a search for BAP rewire, and found one short thread.. if I do this Im going to want to use 10 AWG wire I think. I also read that there is a relay I am suppose to use?? Is there a "kit" that can be purchased anywhere? I would MUCH rather just do it myself, I would just like to find some instructions that would be specific to the 2011 GT as far as connection points on either end of the 10 AWG wire, and exactly which kind of relay I need to get and the connections to and from it. Thanks for the help and suggestions BTW everyone, much appreaciated.

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
ok so I did a search for BAP rewire, and found one short thread.. if I do this Im going to want to use 10 AWG wire I think. I also read that there is a relay I am suppose to use?? Is there a "kit" that can be purchased anywhere? I would MUCH rather just do it myself, I would just like to find some instructions that would be specific to the 2011 GT as far as connection points on either end of the 10 AWG wire, and exactly which kind of relay I need to get and the connections to and from it. Thanks for the help and suggestions BTW everyone, much appreaciated.
i have 10...8...4 ga wire steve.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
They are always wired to be on constantly as long as the key is on. All it does is keep the voltage to the pump at a specific voltage and help prevent voltage drop when vehicles charging system is under high load.

SO I was told by KB to order ther BAP part number KB89068, number stamped on the backside of the BAP is 3017. There is a vacume/presure switch with this kit.. do I really NEED to install this since this is a nitrous set-up??

RSKtakR

Reaction score
#8 has 120psi, the cylinder in front of it had 100psi, might check the rest tonight for shits and grins. The two that I checked had identical plugs.. no oil or anything, both were a light grey color.

hightechrdn

forum member
Reaction score
#8 has 120psi, the cylinder in front of it had 100psi, might check the rest tonight for shits and grins. The two that I checked had identical plugs.. no oil or anything, both were a light grey color.

Isn't that low compression for a 5.0?

RSKtakR

Reaction score
Isn't that low compression for a 5.0?

thats kinda what I thought.. however I didnt REALLY do a proper compression test.. Im doing all cylinders tonight, the correct way (unplugging ALL the coil packs, letting the motor rotate for 5 seconds and get good numbers).

RSKtakR

Reaction score
did a CORRECT comp test tonight.. #8 was the lowest @ 160psi, 5 was the highest at 178psi.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back