6R80 in my 05

forum member
Reaction score
.. It shifts through the gears but, when I pull the gear shift to the 1st position, its somewhere between P and R, the 2nd notch on the trans relates to R on the shifter and then its 1:1 from there all the way to S. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Do I really need to get that bracket and cable higher? If so how do I fix the P-R positioning?

With the shifter bracket in this position, when you go to connect the cable, this is a natural position of the cable, so i have to almost compress it a little to get the nub to go on. Maybe this is causing the P-R issue.

So at the end of the evening we went to move the car and even with the shifter on the side of the trans in the 12 O'clock position the car was still rolling? Does it have to be started and power applied to the trans to actually engage Park?..

You have the transmission shift lever (top picture) upside down for a Mustang. The lever hangs down, not points up. Change it, re-install the shift bracket, and adjust the cable again.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I just found this picture of an f150 bracket and realized that. 12o'clock position is probably Gear 1 or Sport and not Park I'm gathering. 2:30/8:30 position is most likely park?

The F150 shifter pulls from the front of the trans while the mustang pulls from behind.
130107_HCG_0009.jpg

Last edited:

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Quick 6 Wiring Harness:
Did you all run the harness wires through the grommet in the passenger kick panel and then down the trans tunnel from there?

2 step & Tach Adapter
I'm also thinking ahead toward the 2step in conjunction with the Autometer Tach Signal. I spoke with one of the tech guys at Autometer. The 2 step box interrupts the ignition coil power just like the Autometer. The autometer however just amplifies it and then passes that signal on to the Quick 6. If I wire the two in series with the autometer ahead of the 2step, it should function the same and it would just pass the same signal on to the 2step. Here is how I'm planning to try it. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Autometer and 2step.jpg
    Autometer and 2step.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 27

forum member
Reaction score
I put the wiring harness through the passenger side grommet as you describe. I mounted the Quick 6 in the glove box so that side grommet worked for me.
As for your wiring idea: In short, I am just not sure. As I understand it, the tach adaptor generates a tach signal by sensing the change in voltage on the red wire that powers the injectors. If that signal is interrupted by the N2MB box, I am simply not sure if the tach adaptor would send an altered tach signal to the Quick 6 and if it matters since the signal is only being interrupted while the car is stationary. I am also assuming that you will turn off the the no-lift-shift feature of the N2MB.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Exactly! The no lift shift feature would be disabled in the software. Your thoughts on the interruption are exactly what I'm worried about. I reached out to the guys at US Shift yesterday and explained what I am going to try to accomplish; the guy said he was going to talk to Karl and get back with me. Like you said with the car not moving(output shaft reading 0) then it shouldn't be an issue if its not seeing RPM correctly I wouldn't think.

I'm going back to the shop to work on the car tonight, did you just 180 the shifter lever arm on the side of the trans or have to get a new one? That is the one that came with the f150 trans. I'm pretty sure its keyed, but not sure if I can 180 it or not. Trying to plan ahead for tonight.

How is your car running? I've seen Billy and his son's plus Mikes.

forum member
Reaction score
I have a Mustang transmission. I will bet that the lever will be able to be installed in 180 degree opposite position.
Mine runs great. I really could only be happier if I had the yet to be released transbrake. It shifts great. I have had to adjust some shift points and shift feel but that is the benefit of Quick 6. I am using the stock 05-09 shifter and it works perfect.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I have a Mustang transmission. I will bet that the lever will be able to be installed in 180 degree opposite position.
Mine runs great. I really could only be happier if I had the yet to be released transbrake. It shifts great. I have had to adjust some shift points and shift feel but that is the benefit of Quick 6. I am using the stock 05-09 shifter and it works perfect.
You are using a 5r shifter on your 6r? Is there any issue going to Park or Manual or did you set it to work in the P and not worrie about the M?

forum member
Reaction score
You are using a 5r shifter on your 6r? Is there any issue going to Park or Manual or did you set it to work in the P and not worrie about the M?

Yes. I am using a shifter that was originally designed for a 5r. No issues at all. I am using a '11-'14 cable. The '11-'14 6r has 7 detents (positions) just like the 5R. They are just as evenly spaced. The "M" on the '13-'14 shifters simply stops at what would be detent "3" on previous model year shifters but the remaining detents on the transmission are still there. The Quick 6 basically allows the user to decide what each of those detent will do.
I have plans on using the "O/D off" button on the shifter for the transbrake.
The Quick 6 is an incredible piece of engineering.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I did 180* the lever arm on the trans and everything worked out great. I couldn't quite adjust the arm well enough though. I got it so that P to R were the same but the 4th notch on the trans was maybe halfway between N and D. I'm going to play with that more later.

I did get the trans cooler lines run and everything buttoned up mechanically. I pumped trans fluid and w/o starting I only ended up getting around 4qt in the trans before it started coming out the top. How many did you guys get in there before starting?

forum member
Reaction score
You should check the manual for the proper fill procedure. Basically, start the car and shorty thereafter, shut it off. Add more fluid. Bring the transmission to about 190 degrees yo purge the cooler and lines. The final check requires the car to be running.
I used about 12 quarts with a stock pan, stock cooler, and stock lines.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I'm surely going to have to disconnect the fan on the trans cooler to get it that hot. That B&M cooler turns on at 176*. I'll fill it the rest of the way after JPC remakes my turbo crossover pipe. Its at their shop now.

Attachments

• Trans Cooler Final Hose.jpg
    Trans Cooler Final Hose.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Trans Cooler Lines at Trans.jpg
    Trans Cooler Lines at Trans.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Trans (2).jpg
    Trans (2).jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 42

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
^^^ Where did you get that fitting​ for the AN lines to attach to your trans?

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
^^^ Where did you get that fitting​ for the AN lines to attach to your trans?
I talked to Frank Perdomo at Power By the Hour. They make it and its a nice quality piece.
link to their website
PBH Cooler Fittings

The input and output have 2 nice o-rings per side and then -8AN on the other. I tried to keep the TOP/In to the trans away from the shifter cable as far as possible. I think the routing ended up pretty good. Fragolia fittings and continental push lock hose from JPC. It used about 23.9 inches of hose. I only purchased 24'. Phewwwww

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
What is the ECU ground location that you guys are using. I am having trouble finding it.

EDIT:

I think I found it. Is it bundled in with c175B the Middle ECU connector?

Last edited:

Sonny08GT

Reaction score
What shift pattern plate are you using with the Outlaw shifter?
To cover the open area around the shifter I am thinking I will just make a piece out of thin aluminum add brush it to match the interior. I'm working to make theLED display remote and will mount it in the dash between the AC vents along with a shift light. I'm using the PRNDM shift pattern and will add a micro switch on the shifter that will activate when the shifter is in the M position to go to table 2 and will have quicker firmer shifts.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
To cover the open area around the shifter I am thinking I will just make a piece out of thin aluminum add brush it to match the interior. I'm working to make theLED display remote and will mount it in the dash between the AC vents along with a shift light. I'm using the PRNDM shift pattern and will add a micro switch on the shifter that will activate when the shifter is in the M position to go to table 2 and will have quicker firmer shifts.
So, is it the plate for the 4r or do they make one specifically for the 6r?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back