'85ish Halos on 2005+ seats???

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
Has any one tried this? I have them on some 2001 Bullitt seats in my '91LX and they look killer. A friend traded me one for lunch yesterday. After a good wash, an alcohol rub, and a few coats of vinyl paint, this is what I got.

I've searched for pics on the Net but no dice. I also have no idea what's under all the foam leather/vinyl, etc...

Gerardo

gamingchairhalo001.jpg

gamingchairhalo002.jpg

gamingchairhalo003.jpg

gamingchairhalo004.jpg

gamingchairhalo005.jpg

Liftedbronco

Shredder
Reaction score
well the saleen 05+'s had this style. But we definitley dont have ours mount that way. its not 1 flat bar like that. sounds like alot of work

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
I really need to get in there and see the guts of the seats. It could be as easy as a couple of brackets with slits for the flat bar to slide into. Then a slit in the vinyl up top. Or, it could be as difficult as creating an entire assembly, tearing out a lot of foam, etc... I really won't know until I remove the covers. I think they just use velcro at the bottom and a lot of hog clips in the center.

Gerardo

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Liftedbronco

Shredder
Reaction score
i was thinking that flat metal pedestal for the halo could be cut back so it completley inside the headrest, then attach the stock 2 posts 2 it wiht some bracketry. but its the same thing if you do it the other way and try to get something to attach the flat thing to the backrest.

Seems to me you gotta get in there and see what looks better.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
i was thinking that flat metal pedestal for the halo could be cut back so it completley inside the headrest, then attach the stock 2 posts 2 it wiht some bracketry. but its the same thing if you do it the other way and try to get something to attach the flat thing to the backrest.

Seems to me you gotta get in there and see what looks better.

easiest way to get the seat cushion off is with the foam inside. Otherwise you have to cut off all the hog rings and replace them when you reinstall. Undo the seat cover at the bottom and slide it off.

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
easiest way to get the seat cushion off is with the foam inside. Otherwise you have to cut off all the hog rings and replace them when you reinstall. Undo the seat cover at the bottom and slide it off.

Ok, well Hell yeah then!

Once I have access to the inside, fabbing a bracket should be cake. I won't need it to slide up and down since the bare flat bar has always looked ass to me. What about the small-ish lever in the back seat to recline the seats forward? Do I just remove the plastic thing around it and to comes right off as well?
Thanks,

Gerardo

sinabite

forum member
Reaction score
You are going to have to pull the covers in order to get a good look. The headrest posts are clipped into the metal of the seat. It's pretty simple to take off the covers and for no more than what your looking to do, it would only take about half an hour tops. I redid my covers and a few others also.

Here is a link to a video I used to first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMgSwHfFt2U

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back