9 sec Street Driven 05 Mustang

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
And guess what rolled into the Team Performance shop this morning? Right off the damn car hauler and onto a lift in the back of the shop. The guys are checking their twin turbo kit off the Charger to make sure it will fit the Challenger. Supposedly, the front end architecture and engine placement are identical between the Magnum, 300, Charger, and Challenger. If they can get the tuning worked out that thing will be an animal. My 4.6 has run 128 mph.....can you imagine a 6.1 Hemi with twin 54 mm turbos??????

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
And guess what rolled into the Team Performance shop this morning? Right off the damn car hauler and onto a lift in the back of the shop. The guys are checking their twin turbo kit off the Charger to make sure it will fit the Challenger. Supposedly, the front end architecture and engine placement are identical between the Magnum, 300, Charger, and Challenger. If they can get the tuning worked out that thing will be an animal. My 4.6 has run 128 mph.....can you imagine a 6.1 Hemi with twin 54 mm turbos??????

that will be insane. yes, they are all roughly based off the same frame, same way the mustang and the lincoln ls are. you'll notice that the side mirrors are waaayyy back on the door to give the illusion of a longer hood....

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
usually the compression is very high on those bigger engines. Wonder how much boost they can actually run?

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, that didnt take very long..TT 6.1? Damn.....
The twin kit is already on Heath's Charger. They're working out the tune and the electronics. As bad as Ford's Spanish Oak processor was to hack they said the Chrysler is five times worse. Figures.

They are going to deliver the kits with the turbos at 8 psi like mine.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
As bad as Ford's Spanish Oak processor was to hack they said the Chrysler is five times worse.
I have read the same thing... that's why there aren't too many mods out for the Mopars yet.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah...Heath told me that just as soon as they think they've got it figured out the damn thing will just toss out something new. The SCT guy said if a computer could tell you to "Fuck Off" this one would do it repeatedly.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can't clearly recall, but I believe that is the same processor that my
RX-8 had in it. I still don't think they cracked that thing the way they wanted to. At least they hadnt when I got rid of it last summer.

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ford owns Mazda. Is it not the same SO software?

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ford owns Mazda. Is it not the same SO software?

I will have to go back to my old forum and check, cause I don't recall. I remember that two years after the RX-8's release, no real solution to cracking it had been found.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn, one mention of the Challenger and everyone gets a little thicker!

Like Don said, Dodge sure as fuck got this one right! If I ever get the chance to buy another "toy car" that would be it.

Wait til the RX-8 guys hear they were brought up in a 9* sec S197 thread!!!

Clay

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As I said,

Having a car where there is only 1 shop within 1000 miles who can work on it and being at their mercy is enough for me to seek to enjoy the hobby with a car that can be readily and accessibly serviced/maintained from numerous avenues - this is just more appealing to me.

This is not a bash against Adam or ST Motorsports. They do the best they can with what they have to work with as a business. ST has been very good to me and my car within their limits.

It's just for the amount of money I put into drag racing, I require more dedicated service than a single small shop is able to provide. I would not take or trust an S197 to anyone else and for this car (S197's), you can not get better than Adam or ST anywhere on the West coast. IMO. They do an outstanding job, treat their customers as friends, and my hats off to them for their relationship with their customers.

But, the reality is I spend tens of thousands of dollars a year in the drag racing hobby and I just need more avenues at my disposal for the amount of money I am spending. For this reason, I just don't want to continue my hobby with an S197 anymore.

That is all. There is no drama or issue to discuss. It is what it is and feel free to add everything up and this is an outstanding offer for someone looking for a built S197.
I didn't read this whole thread, just this post and the first one, and that's a legitimate stance right there. Best of luck on your new platform.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back