9 sec Street Driven 05 Mustang

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The 4 sale thread got wasted almost immediately.

I will have an update on the status by this weekend and just make a new thread and politely ask to keep any unrelated posts out of it.

I didn't get any offers on the car and I don't know if I even want to wait to get the 'numbers'. I am either going to keep it, sell it, or part it out. One way or the other, I'm going to make a final decision by the weekend.

I am supposed to get the car back this afternoon but I am going to get it by tomorrow night either way finished or not.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The 4 sale thread got wasted almost immediately.

I will have an update on the status by this weekend and just make a new thread and politely ask to keep any unrelated posts out of it.

I didn't get any offers on the car and I don't know if I even want to wait to get the 'numbers'. I am either going to keep it, sell it, or part it out. One way or the other, I'm going to make a final decision by the weekend.

I am supposed to get the car back this afternoon but I am going to get it by tomorrow night either way finished or not.

If I had the 30K to spare I would buy it in a heart beat!

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro. My thinking as of the moment is to part the thing out to a bare shell, drop a stock motor in there with my stock manual trans and then use the bare car as a trade in for something else.

The car is paid for and doing the math - I may get the most money out of it that way. I figure all the bolt-on's are worth something individually, and then I've got a complete 4r70, two built motors (330ci and 302ci) and a full Whipple 3.4 and KB 2.6HO kit to sell.

Even giving steals of deals to move the stuff quickly, I think I can end up turning the most coin that way.

But, as I said, that's my thinking 'at the moment' and we all know how quickly I change my mind...lol

But I assure you, my final decision will be made by tomorrow.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here ya go...

10.31 @ 129.9 MPH STREET DRIVEN 05 MUSTANG FOR SALE - Ran at cal speedway

There ya go...happy guys.

BTW: It's still a smoking deal for 38K...:evil:

Last edited:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hell, I'm still waiting for Adam to call me and tell me if the car will be running for tonight.

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
tell him to call Dex too

canuck power

forum member
Reaction score
Wow ...good luck Mark
I just bought a GT500 and i should have it a couple of weeks.
Also kept my turbo 05 thinking i can keep my Shelby somewhat stock...but with the basic mods you can have 580rwhp and with a blower upgrade hit 750s.
I have already bought mods to hit 700 before the car arrives...i dont think you can or will keep it stock ...you are just starting with a higher hp car.

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hell, I'm still waiting for Adam to call me and tell me if the car will be running for tonight.

I don't understand why you want the biggest and baddest and the first every time, but you get REAL upset when there are setbacks?
I don't know your specifics but it seems to me with a custom project you are going to run into snags and you of all people should be used to that. I am pulling for you man and I hope your car is sorted out soon, but a little patience is always needed with custon work. Good luck Mark.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have nothing but love for you, John, you know that, but with all due respect, you don't have a clue about my patience.

I have talked about 'setting records' and turning up the potential but that has always been planned after running the car happily at 18 psi for quite awhile. I have been waiting 6 months for the car just to run down the street without blowing up. (THIS TIME) - There is nothing 'new' on my car currently. The only new thing was going to be Adam's custom lower intake which I passed on and am using the factory Whipple right now. I only agreed to this build after the 3.4 had been tried and tested on Ken's car and the big bore build had been tried and proven on Cali HP's car.

I have mad respect for Adam's skills, but he is one guy supporting dozens of customers and several who are doing complete custom builds. Perhaps if this was my first time at the rodeo (like you) than it would be no problem waiting 6-7 months for a build, but this is the 3rd time I have done this in 2 years. Do the math - 18 months at Adam's shop - 6 months at my house.

Adam is the man on the west coast, there is no doubt about that - and if you can handle a 6 month build, there's no one better IMO - but, Like I said, this is the 3RD time I've done this so to say I need patience is, quite frankly, an insult. (I know U didn't mean it as such...:beer:)

I'm just realizing my mistake of trying to make a street/race car out of this thing. Lesson learned. I will leave the race car on the trailer and tinker with it as I please but leave the street car alone for now on. If I want a fast car, I need to just buy a damn roller from these guys and do it right the first time...:piano:
http://www.quartermax.com/topic.php?topID=13

Last edited:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
My thinking as of the moment is to part the thing out to a bare shell
Mark... If you end up making that decision, let me know. There are a few things I might like first dibs on (before my car goes under the knife at ST). :beer:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Me too. We are already making plans for next season and my guys are in California as well.

Good luck, Mark!

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm just realizing my mistake of trying to make a street/race car out of this thing. Lesson learned. I will leave the race car on the trailer and tinker with it as I please but leave the street car alone for now on. If I want a fast car, I need to just buy a damn roller from these guys and do it right the first time...:piano:
http://www.quartermax.com/topic.php?topID=13
Amen brother!! Those are some badass cars there!!

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Finally the decision has been made...:piano:

Okay, I changed thinking last week and asked Adam to spend his energy on driveability and reliability in place of power.

Adam spent 2 solid days on the dyno and nearly hung himself over the gremlins of this car. The electrical issues seemed neverending.

Although the car was not 'finished' cosmetically and suspension wise, the tuning was pretty much complete so I had Adam bring the thing down to Irwindale so I could test out the car and see if what ZI wanted to do with it.

I was very pleased with the tuning efforts of Adam as the car actually drives better than stock in regards to daily driving. The throttle response was the best I've ever seen, it idled like stock and if I told you it had aggressive cams in there - you'd never never believe me. I was extremely pleased and actually got a dose of the old 'fun factor' of the car being a STREET CAR.

I made my decision to keep the car but keep it as a Daily Driver in the 10.0x -10.2x range. In fact, I'm still going to go for a 9 sec number at Famoso when we all go (and I'll get it with a 3" pulley) but I'm even thinking about having the cage re-done to go back to a 6 point just to be even more street friendly.

In case you're wondering, the daily driver tune on pump gas ran max boost of 18 psi (average 17) and still ran a 6.53 @ 109 (with a 1.57 60') and that is making 625 to the back tires.

Needless to say, just that little 'extra' to have a 9 sec DD makes the car a nightmare and my everyday driving set-up was easily the fastest street car at the track (by far) so there's no reason not to enjoy it.

So, back to Daily Driver status for me. I want a fast street car and turning the chevy killer back into it.

I'm saving my pennies now, cause I'm looking to have a real race car for next year. I'm seriously considering a build from the guys I posted in the link in my last post. I've already started talking to them about pricing on a 'Super Snake' car...:partyguy:

So, bottom line - screw the 8's or even low 9's for that matter - I want a quick DD and make 6's in my 'race' car...:idea:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back