A/F Ratio question

Nsane44

Reaction score
I've been reading forums and I am starting to get confused with everyones different setup and what they say their a/f ratio is. So im wondering if i can get some input. I just installed the aeroforce Wideband and when i started the car it idles at 12.4 and rarely will go to 13.1 and then go back to 12.4. Its a little wet out so I went to go see what it would read at WOT but gradually get into it and when i got to WOT i want to say it said 10.1 is this ok? going to do more runs later once it dries up. Car has a DOB kit with gt500 fuel rails, 47lb injectors, Kooks longtubes offroad xpipe, Flowmasters axleback , Gt500 fuel pump, Stock gt500 heat exchanger ( I have a afco on the way),Autolite HT0 Spark Plug, jlt CAI and thats all i can remember at the moment any Opinions would be good. Stock MAF looking into replacing when i get the cash for it.

m122 supercharger

Last edited by a moderator:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You are pig rich, if your sensor is working properly. Do you have the dyno chart from when tuned?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Who's tune?

As weatherman said, it's rich, idle 14.7 is target and WOT 11.4 - 11.7 is a good spot

Nsane44

Reaction score
bbr tune i never got my car fixed from my last post cause i have been waiting for the aeroforce gauge. But i have it hooked up now and i put the slope at 2 and intercept at 10. I have not received the dyno charts from them and ive asked them a few times and i just said screw it and they just tell me they will email it to me. When i cruised at around 65 my a/f was around 13.8-14.4. intake temp at 109 -113.

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
bbr tune i never got my car fixed from my last post cause i have been waiting for the aeroforce gauge. But i have it hooked up now and i put the slope at 2 and intercept at 10. I have not received the dyno charts from them and ive asked them a few times and i just said screw it and they just tell me they will email it to me. When i cruised at around 65 my a/f was around 13.8-14.4. intake temp at 109 -113.

:chainsaw:

:chainsaw:

And don't waste money on a maf. The gt maf is more than adequate with the jlt110

Last edited by a moderator:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IMO - it's the tune if your gauge is accurate

Nsane44

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys and how much can the stock maf usually handle up to?

lito

forum member
Reaction score
^ enough to blow a stock short block into pieces with a 110mm MAF, dont worry about that for now, check analog data of your wideband is correct, which sensor are you using, theirs?

Nsane44

Reaction score
Using Aeroforce sensor so its bosch sensor i think and i have it in my rear o2 spot on the driverside.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
With it out of the exhaust or if you left the car sitting for quite some time so fumes have dissipated on the pipe (better take it out so to be 100% sure) and leaving the slope at 1 and intercept at zero, it will show raw voltage, at this state (key on and wait for everything to start working) it should show 5, or very close to 5.

Once you have it out, do a calibration, do the calibration before doing this.

Do not start the engine, just test with the key on.

Report findings.

K_Brogoitti

forum member
Reaction score
If the gauge is reading properly like it looks to be doing then IMHO I would say tune related. Lito has me running 11.2 at max richness with my setup. Same injectors but OEM GT fuel rails and an Innovative MTX-L wideband. Lito is the man with the plan BTW

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score

That isn't so bad. Have you looked at fuel trims? Were the rich conditions with a cold motor or under wot?

Nsane44

Reaction score
That isn't so bad. Have you looked at fuel trims? Were the rich conditions with a cold motor or under wot?

no i have not but i have sent a few datalogs to lito cause im going to end up getting it tuned by him.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think my wideband is reading correctly. How can you tell if you're getting the right reading? I have it grounded on a couple steering shaft bolts on the interior of the car. I read it's better to have it grounded to the block, but no idea where you can ground stuff on the block nor do I really want to extend the ground wires to reach lol.
Reason I ask is pretty soon I will be bothering Lito for a tune too and want the wideband to be reading right ;)

Last edited:

K_Brogoitti

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think my wideband is reading correctly. How can you tell if you're getting the right reading? I have it grounded on a couple steering shaft bolts on the interior of the car. I read it's better to have it grounded to the block, but no idea where you can ground stuff on the block nor do I really want to extend the ground wires to reach lol.
Reason I ask is pretty soon I will be bothering Lito for a tune too and want the wideband to be reading right ;)
What kind of wideband do you have?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score

Any more info like why you don't think it's reading right? What does it read when driving?

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
It's very laggy. Also sometimes after I start the car it will jump from 14.7 to 17.1 and jump back down to 14.7. Just how it's bouncy I guess. Worried it doesn't read right after reading something about grounding them right or they can be .3 off or something. Mainly that's why I doubt its right since I grounded it on the steering shaft. That and how laggy it is.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back