Accufab 85mm T body Test results (Real Deal) NA

G-mann

Reaction score
Mods are as follows.

12 GT Prem, 6MT, Brembo pkg, 3.73's,

Borla S Cat-Back, JLT cf CAI, Bama 93r tune, DSS Alum DS, Accufab 84.5mm TB, BMR LCA

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
Looks like LMR has one of the lowest list prices. But that doesn't mean someone can't beat or match it...

-rpark-

Reaction score
is there any negatives to one of these throttle bodies. i was reading on another forum (and now for the love of god, i cant find it) someone said that some older mustang and camaro guys put the stock TB's back on after having problems with the accufabs.

anyone experiencing any problems with this TB?

TheRookie65

Reaction score
is there any negatives to one of these throttle bodies. i was reading on another forum (and now for the love of god, i cant find it) someone said that some older mustang and camaro guys put the stock TB's back on after having problems with the accufabs.

anyone experiencing any problems with this TB?

No problems here at all....

devildog1679

forum member
Reaction score
So looks like peak HPis a no go but usable HP throughout the curve is present. Sounds like a winner to me. Next on my list.

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
Looking for the next mod after CAI and O/R-H. Refusing to do gears and LT for my A6. Is this the one to get?

BLK2012GT

forum member
Reaction score
So you pick up power and tq down low which I guess is good for the street but how does this TB help out at the track? I really don't think it does. Cause you are mostly going to be in the 5000 plus rpm in range and there is no gain in that area with the TB. I think it would be a waste of money. I'll spend money on gears or something else before I buy a TB.

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score
So you pick up power and tq down low which I guess is good for the street but how does this TB help out at the track? I really don't think it does. Cause you are mostly going to be in the 5000 plus rpm in range and there is no gain in that area with the TB. I think it would be a waste of money. I'll spend money on gears or something else before I buy a TB.

Yeah still waiting on all these cars with these magic high power ignition coils, throttle bodies, and CAIs to outrun me at the track. Isn't happening.

Terminator2

Reaction score
Did you have to run a 4" to 3.5" reducer hose between the throttle body and JLT intake? I can't really tell from the picture. If so, is there an intake on the market that is a full 4"? Would that even make a power difference?

Airaid is the only one that is 4" or larger throughout the whole length of the tube. All the other tubes neck down to 3.5" well before the throttle body which is fine if you are planning on always using the stock throttle body. Airaid went with a 4"x3.5" reducer coupler to fit the stock throttle body which is great for NA guys wanting to run a accufab 84.5 throttle body wihout using a step up coupler. Just a 4"x3" long silicone coupler and you are in business.

wicked400ex

Reaction score
Put the car on the roller today to prepare the car for florida. Made a few pulls and then swapped to the new 85mm T body from Accufab. I was expecting 5hp at most and would of been happy with that.

IMG-20120228-01218.jpg

IMG-20120228-01221.jpg

So withen 10 mins I made the pull with the T body (no changes made to the tune). Red line is the after results. The mid range pick up is insane and the torque shot up even with the boss intake I was shocked.

IMG-20120228-01222.jpg

Very happy with the results, this is a major game changer for the boss intake users worried about what they lost in the low / mid range. We are talking 20hp mid range and just over 20 flbs of trq!

It looks like it runs a little bit leaner and might be part of the reason for so much power gain. re tune to run the same afr and then compare the results to be a little more accurate.

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
wonder why no one noticed from the get go that his a/f is .13 leaner on his last pull . Thats where he made his power, it wasnt from the throttlebody. looks like the air/temp changed between pulls or dad poured some white liquor in the tank. either way his car is a fuckin beast. i watched its maiden voyage with the yote at bradenton 2 years ago and actually have some video from the bleachers

TheRookie65

Reaction score
wonder why no one noticed from the get go that his a/f is .13 leaner on his last pull . Thats where he made his power, it wasnt from the throttlebody. looks like the air/temp changed between pulls or dad poured some white liquor in the tank. either way his car is a fuckin beast. i watched its maiden voyage with the yote at bradenton 2 years ago and actually have some video from the bleachers

I doubt that between 11:09 and 11:39 the Air/Temp changed that much.....

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
i missed that, but nonetheless, thats where the power came from

I HIGHLY doubt the .13 increase in AFR would increase the mid range wtq by 20... Otherwise every tuner out there would just slightly increase the AFR and get loads of power. When talking to tuners, a lot of then with the 5.0s have said the new motors like to run a little on the rich side.

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
I HIGHLY doubt the .13 increase in AFR would increase the mid range wtq by 20... Otherwise every tuner out there would just slightly increase the AFR and get loads of power. When talking to tuners, a lot of then with the 5.0s have said the new motors like to run a little on the rich side.

Maybe...I have had my car on the dyno a few time just for kicks and the second pull is almost always high than the first for some reasons. Not by 20 though.... We can all speculate what is going on here....but the reality is another test needs to be done between the two TB's to really learn anything. There is simply not enough data on this IMO. Every time I see this conversation on other forums the proof always points back to this ONE test and I am not convinced.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back