Adjusting coil over struts & anti-roll bar

luv2cheat

forum member
Reaction score
I am trying to fine tune my suspension and the more I read or ask questions the more confused I get. Over whelming to say the least.

First off the front struts. I have been told the spanner nuts need to be in the same place, so the compressed height of the springs are the same. Problem with that is the ride height will no doubt be different side to side. The gentleman that told me that said you adjust the ride height with the rear suspension. I asked how do I do that with a 3 link suspension and non adjustable springs, he had no answer. I have had several people tell me (as we'll as read) to adjust the struts for ride height (with driver) so it's the same on both side, that makes the most sense to me. Now with that being said if I raise or lower the spanner nut that will change ride height but also the weight at the opposite rear corner, so should I try to get the weight on the rear tires the same side to side by adjusting the front struts?

Now what about the anti-roll bar, most say set it up neutral with no preload, but messing with preload the other night with the car on the corner scales I could move weight around messing with the per-load. So what's best?

luv2cheat

forum member
Reaction score
What swaybar are you using that you can adjust preload, or are they adjustable endlinks?

Anti roll bar not a sway bar
ytusady5.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back