Airbag light?

cagefightmma

forum member
Reaction score
My airbag idiot light came on and won't go off? Anyone had this problem before or have any idea how to get rid of it?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Mine comes on when I remove the passenger seat and unplug the two plugs under the seat.

Also, it comes on if I lay a package or something in the seat which is more than about 5 lbs. It's amazingly sensitive.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Elec. tape under the cluster face plate and its fixed.

No idea on the real issue here though. You have an issue with the system and it will need to be checked at the dealer most likley.

Alfiedagr8

forum member
Reaction score
U have a hard fault in your air bag system. Do u have the ability to read codes from the air bag module?

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mine has been on for almost 10 months now. I talked to a Ford mechanic about it and the only way to fix it is at a dealership. If you take it to a dealer it will most likely be very expensive as he told me the codes don't really tell them where the problem is. They just replace one thing at a time until it clears. That can get very expensive, so I just look at the light.

Earl

Last edited:

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Mine has been on for almost 10 months now. I talked to a Ford mechanic about it and the only way to fix it is at a dealership. If you take it to a dealer it will most likely be very expensive as he tole me the codes don't really tell them where the problem is. They just replace one thing at a time until it clears. That can get very expensive, so I just look at the light.

Earl

I would go to a different dealer then lol, Ford tool is quite good for troubleshooting being able to log every single component (there are a lot of them in the RCM system), Alfiedagr8 could clear this up as I think he has more experience in the area, I only troubleshooted a handful and got them solved.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would go to a different dealer then lol, Ford tool is quite good for troubleshooting being able to log every single component (there are a lot of them in the RCM system), Alfiedagr8 could clear this up as I think he has more experience in the area, I only troubleshooted a handful and got them solved.
Yes but he said that when they replace the one that the scanner says is bad it doesn't always work, so they start replacing one at a time. The system is so complex now that it is very hard to trouble shoot, according to him. I just know I would rather look at the light than pay for parts and hrs of time at a dealership.

Earl

Alfiedagr8

forum member
Reaction score

+1. Go to a different dealership.

That's a load of hog wash. The code it self may not tell u wants wrong but when u data log the PIDs of that code it will actually tell u what circuit/component is at fault. Then it's just of matter of check resistance It should require one part and a good tech will figure it out.

Also side note. They should have special tools called air bag simulators. This helps prevent misdiagnosis on air bag components.

Last edited:
Back