AnotherS197GT's Coyote Swap: The Valve Dropper Special

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Excellent news!!! I may pick up some GT500 AB as well for mine to quiet it up a bit. Hopefully everything is working out with the swap and such :)

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Everything is going great! I'm excited to get the new exhaust on and get this thing making some noise.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I put 2014 gt500 quads on my 12, yay!

I thought about quads, but I don't think they'd look right on a 3V. The single tips look a little weird on it too.

Really happy with the sound of O/R H and GT500s. Loud enough to be fun, quiet enough to not give you a headache.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
After 2 months of driving around without reverse lights, I finally got them wired up and working last night. I've been picking at some of the smaller stuff over the last few weeks. Ordering the correct parts to replace the things I just hastily put together during the swap. I got the proper vacuum line for the brakes, coolant line retaining brackets, etc... I also installed these coil covers, but promptly took them off so I could get the proper ball studs for them since the F-150s don't have them. I had some ball studs, but they were kinda shitty. Next step for the car is an EPAS swap, I'm looking around for all the stuff I need to knock that project out.

29988275201_1fdf96cd4d_b.jpg

travelers

Reaction score
It's looking good, like you said it's the little things and details that seem to take longer then the big things.

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
Those look great!

Off topic question. Anybody know if the F150 motors changed in 2015 like the s550 motors?

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Idk about that but if you look around you can get pretty screaming deals on mustang coyotes. I picked mine up for $3100 with 30k miles. There is one with same miles on Coyote swapped foxbody page on facebook for $3500. Thats not bad at all for a mustang yote.

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
It's looking good, like you said it's the little things and details that seem to take longer then the big things.

Thanks!

Those look great!

Off topic question. Anybody know if the F150 motors changed in 2015 like the s550 motors?

Yeah, they did.

Idk about that but if you look around you can get pretty screaming deals on mustang coyotes. I picked mine up for $3100 with 30k miles. There is one with same miles on Coyote swapped foxbody page on facebook for $3500. Thats not bad at all for a mustang yote.

Thats insane! When I was looking, I couldn't find any for under $4500 or so. If I could have spent an extra $600 for a Mustang Coyote, I definitely would have.

Last edited:

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Thats insane! When I was looking, I couldn't find any for under $4500 or so. If I could have spent an extra $600 for a Mustang Coyote, I definitely would have.

I spent more time than you know to find that deal.

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
I spent more time than you know to find that deal.

I bet! I didn't really have time to wait around for a deal like that. This car is my daily driver, so I had to move fast. I'm slowly swapping over to Mustang stuff, so I'll just be down .5:1 over a Mustang by the time I'm done. I was telling myself I'd wait until spring to do the cams, but I'm not sure if I can wait much longer.

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
Next step for the car is an EPAS swap, I'm looking around for all the stuff I need to knock that project out.

Dude, if you happen to find a place to purchase the 2-pin power connector/cable for the EPAS steering rack short of purchasing the ~$120 harness from Ford, let me know! I have looked high and low but you may have better luck.

I had the Ford dealers looking for weeks and apparently Ford just absolutely does not sell that connector apart from the harness.

I hate to spend $100 for just a connector but going custom may be garbage as well..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-ELE...011-2014-FORD-F150-BL3Z-3F720-A-/231426092427

IMG_0665.JPG

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
LOL. I understand. I am still on the hunt for parts for my swap. Mainly trans right now because its the hardest to find for me. Everything else will be easy. Trying to hunt down a T-56 from a cobra. Found one with 90k miles with a swap bellhousing for $1200 but it needs the synchros replaced from all indication.

BMR Tech 2

Reaction score
Dude, if you happen to find a place to purchase the 2-pin power connector/cable for the EPAS steering rack short of purchasing the ~$120 harness from Ford, let me know! I have looked high and low but you may have better luck.

I had the Ford dealers looking for weeks and apparently Ford just absolutely does not sell that connector apart from the harness.

I hate to spend $100 for just a connector but going custom may be garbage as well..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-ELE...011-2014-FORD-F150-BL3Z-3F720-A-/231426092427

View attachment 57604

I'm planning on buying the harness since it has a bunch of other wiring that would be useful for my swap. $120 is a steal for a harness from Ford, considering I had to pay $50 for a pigtail during my swap lol.

Do you know if that harness is the battery cable as well? I have another p/n that is supposed to have the alt wiring, EPAS wiring, and some other stuff on it.

WC-96240

LOL. I understand. I am still on the hunt for parts for my swap. Mainly trans right now because its the hardest to find for me. Everything else will be easy. Trying to hunt down a T-56 from a cobra. Found one with 90k miles with a swap bellhousing for $1200 but it needs the synchros replaced from all indication.

What are you putting it in?

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
After 2 months of driving around without reverse lights, I finally got them wired up and working last night. I've been picking at some of the smaller stuff over the last few weeks. Ordering the correct parts to replace the things I just hastily put together during the swap. I got the proper vacuum line for the brakes, coolant line retaining brackets, etc... I also installed these coil covers, but promptly took them off so I could get the proper ball studs for them since the F-150s don't have them. I had some ball studs, but they were kinda shitty. Next step for the car is an EPAS swap, I'm looking around for all the stuff I need to knock that project out.

29988275201_1fdf96cd4d_b.jpg

Good giggity!!! That looks sexy as fuck right there I tell ya what!

View attachment 57604

IIRC that is a different harness becuase when I had my engine out the battery wires were still plugged in, but the EPAS harness and such was not in the car any longer.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Fox body. Its gonna be a drift car/ street car.

Thats going to be a lot of fun! If you're having a hard time with the T-56, why not just grab a 3650? Not the greatest trans, but it's cheap and it works.

So much bad assness in here!! Congrats on the swap!!

Thanks!

Good giggity!!! That looks sexy as fuck right there I tell ya what!

IIRC that is a different harness becuase when I had my engine out the battery wires were still plugged in, but the EPAS harness and such was not in the car any longer.

Thanks, Sean! I'll have to do some digging, but the part number I posted is supposed to have the battery and alt stuff along with the EPAS wiring, according to Mr. Lito.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Thats going to be a lot of fun! If you're having a hard time with the T-56, why not just grab a 3650? Not the greatest trans, but it's cheap and it works.

They won't work without alot of modification to the trans tunnel or a custom made shifter. Remote mount sits to far back or I'd have like 3 3650s laying around just in case lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back